Pitt Police Blotter

By Pitt News Staff

Tuesday, Jan. 4

12:50 p.m. — Investigators assisted city police with an investigation… Tuesday, Jan. 4

12:50 p.m. — Investigators assisted city police with an investigation of an off-campus incident involving a student.

1:23 p.m. — An officer was given textbooks found in the Sennott Square Panera Bread restaurant. The officer put the books in the recovered property room.

4:11 p.m. — Nonaffiliates Timothy Tomlinson, of no fixed address, and Jerome A. Jennings, of 101 North Ave., were arrested for criminal trespass in the 300 block of York Way.

8:33 p.m. — Officers in the 3400 block of Forbes Avenue arrested nonaffiliate James Nesbitt, of 2965 Glenmore Ave., for disorderly conduct.

8:51 p.m. — Officers and a resident assistant in Lothrop Hall checked for the source of a smell of marijuana burning, but found nothing.

Thursday, Jan. 6

9:18 a.m. — A woman reported her wallet and Pitt ID missing while she was on a train from Connecticut to New York City.

12:29 p.m. — A man near Clapp Hall reported that he fell and injured his head while he was getting off a bus near the intersection of Fifth Avenue and Tennyson Avenue. The man declined treatment.

3:42 p.m. — A woman reported losing her wallet, which contained her Pitt ID, while she was in New York during winter break.

5:49 p.m. — A woman in Lothrop Hall reported getting numerous harassing calls on her dorm room phone from an unknown man.

8:05 p.m. — A woman reported that her vehicle was broken into on Dithridge Street and her purse and wallet were taken. She was given a replacement ID form and met with city police to file a report.

9:31 p.m. — Nonaffiliate Ernest Boyd, of 1567 Wesley St., was arrested near the intersection of Forbes Avenue and Bouquet Street on a city warrant.

9:35 p.m. — Officers in Sutherland Hall cited student Laura A. Wei, of 205 Sutherland Hall West, for possessing a small amount of marijuana. Judicial board papers were filed.

9:52 p.m. — Someone reported that a student was hit by a vehicle near the intersection of Fifth Avenue and Bigelow Boulevard. Medics transported the student to UPMC Presbyterian Hospital.

11:38 p.m. — An officer at the Frick Fine Arts building reported that a police vehicle was stuck in the mud. The vehicle was freed without incident.

Friday, Jan. 7

12:12 a.m. — Someone in the Chevron Science Center reported that Room 306 appeared to have been tampered with. The door had been damaged slightly but was still secure.

1:12 a.m. — Officers on Schenley Drive, near Hillman Library, cited student Jonathan Jeffrey Pearson, of 3017 Kenneth Square, for disorderly conduct, underage drinking and public drunkenness. Judicial board papers were filed.

2:07 a.m. — Someone in Trees Hall reported the smell of smoke in Room 127. The city fire department responded and found nothing.

2:43 a.m. — Guardian Protection reported a fire alarm activation in Bouquet Gardens, Building E. Pitt police, property management and the city fire department checked the area and found nothing. The alarm was reset and the incident was cleared.

6:12 a.m. — Someone reported that a student fell at Pennsylvania Hall and requested transportation to the hospital.