SGB meeting begins early, adjourns after 13 minutes

By KATIE RENZE

The Student Government Board meeting Tuesday ended as quickly as it began.

The meeting was… The Student Government Board meeting Tuesday ended as quickly as it began.

The meeting was moved from its normal time of 7 p.m. to a half hour earlier because of another event Tuesday evening. SGB members wanted to attend the lecture at Benedum Auditorium with former NAACP President Kweisi Mfume.

Not only was the meeting moved to 6:30 p.m., but it was adjourned after only 13 minutes.

Because of the last-minute time change, group members on campus were not able to attend. As a result, the committee did not argue any full or partial allocations denials.

Only one student was in the crowd. When urged to speak, the student claimed he was just waiting for board member Dilinus Harris to finish with the meeting.

Some groups were given full or partial funds. The meeting granted the Rainbow Alliance the $1,500 it requested. Many requests were moved to a later date for debate.

Briefly, board member Jarrod Baker remarked on the security lights in the Oakland area. After speaking with Pitt Police Chief Tim Delaney before the meeting, Baker argued for the need for cameras to be mounted on the blue lights, so that officers could monitor campus activity.

Lastly, board member Liz Blasi encouraged members and students to “give blood” after earlier excusing her behavior by stating “I just gave blood, I’m not working well.”

The committee ended with laughter at the speed in which business was conducted.