A closer look…

By MATT SORTINO

The Teams — The Boston College Eagles (4-1, 1-0), tied for first place in the Big… The Teams — The Boston College Eagles (4-1, 1-0), tied for first place in the Big East, travel to Heinz Field Saturday to take on the Pitt Panthers (3-2, 1-1) in a nationally televised game on ESPN2. Kickoff is at noon.

Last Meeting — Pitt defeated the Eagles in Chestnut Hill, 24-13, last season.

The Coaches — Tom O’Brien is in his eighth year as head coach of the Eagles and has compiled a 52-37 record, including a win in last year’s San Francisco Bowl. Walt Harris is 47-42 in eight years at the helm of the Panthers.

Three’s the Magic Number — The Panthers are looking for their third straight victory over the Eagles. It would mark their best stretch against BC since winning eight straight between 1972 and 1981.

AC-C You Later — Saturday’s game marks the final scheduled meeting between the two teams as Boston College will join Miami and Virginia Tech as the newest additions to the Atlantic Coast Conference next year.

Friendly Heinz — The Panthers have won six of their last eight Big East home games dating back to 2001, including a 19-16 overtime victory over the Eagles in October of 2001.

Carrying the Torch — After recording his second straight 100-yard receiving game against Temple, Greg Lee moved into first place in the Big East in average yards receiving per game with 96. In his last two games against UConn and the Owls, Lee had 129 and 159 yards receiving, respectively.