Many tricks up his sleeve, laughs too

By BEN GREINER Staff Writer

He was the hitchhiker in There’s Something About Mary. And he was the infamous Kenny Davis in… He was the hitchhiker in There’s Something About Mary. And he was the infamous Kenny Davis in Half Baked. But who is he? Why, Harland Williams, of course.

When he’s not hitching rides with Ben Stiller or trying to avoid Nasty Nate in prison, Williams can be found touring comedy clubs throughout the United States.

The Toronto native dropped out of Sheridan College to pursue acting. After struggling for a few years, Williams made his big-screen debut in 1994’s Dumb and Dumber, where he drank a very odd-tasting “beer” after pulling over the sheep dog van manned by Jeff Daniels and Jim Carey.

Throughout the 1990s and early 2000s, Williams landed roles on such films as Down Periscope, Wag the Dog, The Whole Nine Yards and Sorority Boys. Aside from the big screen, Williams has hosted HBO comedy showcases such as Comedy Half Hour and Premium Blend.

Never failing to keep a full schedule, Williams is also a talented artist. Interestingly, Williams has illustrated and written numerous children’s books, developed his own comic book characters and is working on creating an animated series.

A look into the hilarious, deranged mind of this comic will surely yield interesting results. After all, this is the man who was once quoted as saying, “Pumpkins are the only living organisms with triangle eyes.”

This Canadian comedian will be sure to draw sell-out crowds during his June 3-6 headlining tour at the Pittsburgh Improv at the Waterfront.

See Harland Williams perform at the Pittsburgh Improv this weekend. Tickets for this comedian mastermind are $20 for all shows. For tickets or more information, call 412-462-5233.