Fitzgerald is top choice for EA Sports’ “NCAA Football 2005”

By RYAN WALKER

While no one knows which NFL uniform Larry Fitzgerald will wear next season, Electronic Arts… While no one knows which NFL uniform Larry Fitzgerald will wear next season, Electronic Arts has decided to feature the former Pitt wide out on the cover of “NCAA Football 2005.”

Fitzgerald finished a close second behind quarterback Jason White of Oklahoma in the Heisman Trophy balloting and is currently rated by many as the top player in this year’s NFL draft. Fitzgerald figures to be among the first players selected on April 24.

Last year, “NCAA Football 2004” sold 1.6 million copies, making it the second best-selling football video game, behind only “Madden NFL 2004.”

“It’s a huge honor to represent “NCAA Football 2005,” since this is the game we always played in the locker room,” Fitzgerald said in a statement. “To grace the cover of the most intense and exciting college football video game is a dream come true for me. I am fired up to be part of the EA Sports family.”

In just two seasons as a Panther, Fitzgerald broke numerous school, conference and national records. He shattered the previous record for consecutive games with a touchdown by finding the end zone in 18 straight contests.

Fitzgerald also became the first sophomore ever to win the Walter Camp Player of the Year Award. Additionally, he was a unanimous choice for All-American and won the Biletnikoff Award, which is given annually to the country’s top receiver.

For the first time in any football video game, “NCAA Football 2005” will feature a true home-field advantage, where game-day atmosphere will directly impact players’ performance on the field.

“NCAA Football 2005” is scheduled to ship in July and will be available on PlayStation 2, Xbox, and the Nintendo GameCube.