Hey, man, where’s the mole?

By SARAH BUTCHIN

Seven

Enrique Iglesias

Interscope Records

Recommended…

Seven

Enrique Iglesias

Interscope Records

Recommended if you like: Ricky Martin

The man with the mole is back – or wait – is he? There is controversy surrounding the marked man. Did Enrique Iglesias get rid of his signature mole? In fact, he did. Iglesias’s doctor informed him that his mole could be cancerous, so Iglesias went under the knife, and now he is a whole new man with a brand-new album, titled Seven.

Seven is very similar to his past albums. The songs start out slow and then pick up with a rump-shaking beat. There is always a break in the song where Iglesias busts out some heartfelt crooning, then the music picks up once again, and you’re reassured that the beat has not left you and Iglesias has not left the same old formula.

A few power ballads, such as “Addicted” and the Spanish version of the same song, “Adicto,” pepper the album. You can almost see the teen girls reaching their arms out in a crowded concert trying to grab the smoking hottie’s hands with tears running down their faces.

The highlight of the album is “Live it up Tonight” because of the deep lyrics. The song is about not worrying about our differences and living every second of our lives up to their fullest potential. It starts off by saying, “We’re strong. We’re weak. We die. We’re straight. We’re gay. We’re bi. We’re black. We’re white.”

“You Rock Me” is an upbeat, good-time song in which Iglesias sings about every variation of the way that somebody could “rock you all night long.” This is a fun song that could be blasted in a club because of its rhythmic drum line.

There is a woman singing on the chorus of “Roamer,” which gives it a different feel than the rest of the album. The song is pretty chill and is about not knowing where you fit in and trying to establish yourself on your own. The main point of the song is that it’s good to be on your own, but sometimes it can be lonely.

Seven is an interesting album with some poignant moments. At the same time, it lacks originality and a certain quality that some of his more popular songs in the past have had.