A live show complete with electronica, indie rock and melodic music

By ADAM RAUF Staff Writer

Tomorrow night, three great rock groups will be making their way into town; The Heavenly… Tomorrow night, three great rock groups will be making their way into town; The Heavenly States, The Mobius Band and Sea Ray will take over Quiet Storm for an evening.

The Heavenly States originally put out a split single with Coldplay called “Vacant.” Guitars wash around swooning vocal harmonies to sprinkle a little bit of love into your ears.

The Mobius Band is a trio from western Massachusetts, combining electronica and indie rock in one package. They describe themselves by saying, “A guitar converses with a sampler while disembodied vocals fight to the surface; a futuristic synthesizer keeps time with kitchen-noise drums and distorted vocals; strummed guitars meet coyote howls.” Wow.

Sea Ray, a six-piece hailing from Brooklyn, NY, does the usual guitars, drums and bass, but also incorporates a cello and a keyboard. This provides an interesting sound, almost like The Damnwells, taking a slower and even more melodic path into music making. At times, vocalist Jordan Warner even sounds like Michael Stipe of R.E.M. from the Automatic for the People-era.

So drop by the show, if you’re in the area, for a feel-good time with three new bands you probably have not heard yet. There’s plenty of experimentation and good, clean rockin’ to keep this night interesting for one and all.

The Heavenly States, The Mobius Band and Sea Ray will play at the Quiet Storm in Friendship tomorrow at 8 p.m. For more information, call (412) 661-9355.