Bennifer no more? Please, say it ain’t so!

By Clinton Doggett

“Pimp Juice” Energy Drink causes a Stir

Roll over Pepsi Vanilla, it looks like Nelly’s new… “Pimp Juice” Energy Drink causes a Stir

Roll over Pepsi Vanilla, it looks like Nelly’s new “Pimp Juice” Energy Drink is becoming the most “controversial” liquid in America. E! Online reported last week that organizations like the National Alliance for Positive Action and the National Black Anti-Defamation League feel that Nelly’s new product endorses “a pimp lifestyle.” In response, Nelly told BET that a portion of his profits will be contributed to 4Sho4kids, a St. Louis organization aimed at helping infants born with disabilities, down syndrome and drug addictions. So there.

J. Lo, Affleck Split Up

I know. I can’t believe it either. After that Barbara Walters special, who would have thunk that these glistening, blindingly white-toothed starlets would ever split? Alas, Reuters reported yesterday that Lopez and Affleck are breaking up. A number of reasons were cited, like Lopez’s pre-nuptial desires, the complete box office belly-flop that was “Gigli” and paparazzi shots of Affleck at a strip joint. Still, no one knows exactly what broke the couple up.

Cash, Ritter Die

If you weren’t completely incapacitated in a cabin in the Alps this weekend, you’ve probably already heard about this. On Friday morning, MTV reported that legendary country singer Johnny Cash died of diabetes complications at the age of 71. In odd conjunction, E! Online reported the death of John Ritter (see: “Three’s Company”) on the same morning. The 54-year-old actor suffered unforeseen heart complications Thursday night on the set of his sitcom “8 Simple Rules for Dating My Teenage Daughter.” Both Johns will be missed.

Pixies Reunite!

Indie rock champs turned rock legends, The Pixies, have announced that they will come together for a world tour this April, Pitchfork Media reported last Wednesday. Though no dates have been announced, rumors have surfaced that a new Pixies LP may follow the tour if everything runs smoothly. So, attention all you shrugging rock fans: You have a reason to be openly stoked again.