Their blood is boiling

By TONI BARTONE

The Blood Brothers

True North

Vaux

Crowded Tombs

Saturday, 7 p.m.

The Mr. Roboto… The Blood Brothers

True North

Vaux

Crowded Tombs

Saturday, 7 p.m.

The Mr. Roboto Project, $5

721 Wood St.

www.therobotoproject.org

Get ready to confront some discontent Saturday night at Roboto. However, what this show’s four bands are discontent about is more a bit further under the surface than your run-of-the-mill punk bands.

Take The Blood Brothers for example. This five-piece from Seattle’s fertile music scene, has come to the forefront for the chaotic yet ungimmicky energy of its members, who have in fact become known to bleed during performances. The Blood Brothers play metal-influenced hardcore made melodic with extra beats and keyboards, accompanied by a measure of lunacy in their lyrics and onstage antics. After releasing two albums on independent labels in 2002, Korn/Limp Bizkit/At the Drive-In producer Ross Robinson led them to I AM recordings, an affiliate of ARTISTdirect, according to Thestranger.com. This major label will release their third LP, Burn, Piano Island, Burn, on March 4, which is quite an anomaly considering the staggering height of this band’s noise level.

True North is a melding of Gainesville, Fla., bands Twelve Hour Turn and Palatka, with the former having been described as “violent emo,” on Ink19.com. Twelve Hour Turn took its name from the name that Western Pennsylvania steelworkers use to refer to 12-hour shifts in the novel “Out of this Furnace.” The band went rather unappreciated, but produced extremely passionate and melodic post-hardcore, then broke up a few summers ago to go on to other projects, including True North. This band has released We Speak in Code on No Idea records in 2000 and carries with it the frenzied emotion of Twelve Hour Turn as well as hardcore-derived aggression.

Vaux, formerly Eiffel, mixes fast-paced indie rock with screamy rage using three guitars, much like the show’s two headliners. They will also be releasing a new album April 1, according to the Vaux Web site. Along with the disgruntled Crowded Tombs, the two bands will simply deliver some loud guitar rock for your listening or flailing pleasure.

So what is all this aggression about? See for yourself, before these bands run out of intensity.