Pitt police blotter: 9/3-9/17

Tuesday, Sept. 3

10:22 a.m. — Pitt police checked packages that were being delivered at Biomedical Science Tower 3. The results were negative.

2:24 p.m. — An individual was reported as having stomach pain. Pitt police transported the individual to UPMC Presbyterian Hospital for treatment.

4:09 p.m. — An individual reported being touched inappropriately near the corner of Forbes and Atwood avenues. An investigation is pending.

4:33 p.m. — Pitt police assisted city police with a possible rape on Dawson Street. An investigation is pending.

4:51 p.m. — A wallet was recovered at Thackeray Hall. It was placed in an evidence locker.

Wednesday, Sept. 4

3:52 a.m. — Pitt police assisted city police with an investigation on Craig Street. 

4:18 a.m. — Police responded to a report of a suspicious person in the area at 3721 Forbes Ave. The person was identified and given property warnings. 

10:08 a.m. — Police responded to a report of an individual having a seizure. Medics were notified and the individual was transported to UPMC Presbyterian Hospital. 

11:44 a.m. — Campus Security Authority notified Pitt police that it received the following report concerning a sexual offense. The person reported that while at a house party on Dawson Street on August 21, the individual passed out and was raped by an unknown acquaintance. The incident was reported August 30. An investigation is pending.

2:17 p.m. — Police recovered a wallet at the Fitzgerald Field House. The item was placed in an evidence locker.

2:20 p.m. — Police recovered a lunch bag and purse at the Cathedral of Learning. The owner was notified and picked up the items.

3:01 p.m. — A Pitt shuttle bus was involved in a major accident at O’Hara Street and Bigelow Boulevard. No injuries were reported.

3:21 p.m. — Individuals reported that their tennis rackets were stolen at the Fitzgerald Field House. An investigation is pending.

3:29 p.m. — Police responded to a report of an individual feeling dizzy at the Cathedral of Learning. Medics were notified and the individual was transported to UPMC Presbyterian Hospital for treatment.

3:59 p.m. — Officers reported having radio transmission problems at the Public Safety Building.

4:03 p.m. — Pitt police assisted city police with a report of an individual possibly wanting to harm himself at UPMC Montefiore Hospital. The individual was not located.

4:53 p.m. — Pitt police assisted city police with a report of a possible rape. The investigation is pending.

6:24 p.m. — Police issued three citations for public drunkenness, disorderly conduct and ordinance violation to a non-affiliate at 3400 Forbes Ave.

8:27 p.m. — Police responded to a report of smoke in the building because of a problem with a heater at 5032 Centre Ave. City fire responded and cleared the call.

Thursday, Sept. 5

2:16 a.m. — Police issued a citation for underage drinking to a non-affiliate at 1256 Wisconsin Ave.

4:12 a.m. — Police responded to a report of disturbances at the 400 block of McKee Place. Officers checked the area, and the incident was cleared.

Friday, Sept. 6

10:50 a.m. — Police recovered a wallet at 3725 Sutherland Drive. The item was returned to the owner.

11:52 a.m. — Police assisted city police in a community relations group activity at 200 N. Dithridge St. 

3:09 p.m. — Police responded to a report of a stolen bicycle at Allen Hall. An investigation is pending.

4:15 p.m. — Police responded to a false fire alarm at the Thomas Detre Hall of Western Psychiatric Institute and Clinic.

4:38 p.m. — Police responded to a report at Bouquet Gardens C. An individual wanted to report an ongoing problem with a roommate smoking marijuana. 

5:05 p.m. — Police recovered a hand bag at the Cathedral of Learning. The item was placed in an evidence locker.

5:26 p.m. — Police responded to a report of an individual feeling ill at Bouquet Gardens B. City medics responded and transported the person to UPMC Presbyterian Hospital.

6:53 p.m. — Police issued three traffic citations to a driver with a suspended license at 344 Semple St. 

9:14 p.m. — Police issued a citation to an individual at Bouquet Gardens C for marijuana and disorderly conduct. 

10:18 p.m. — Police assisted city police with a burglary investigation at 100 Halket St. 

11:51 p.m. — Police assisted city police with roving foot patrols in the South Oakland area.

Saturday, Sept. 7

12:13 a.m. — Police issued a citation for public drunkenness to an individual at Fifth Avenue and South Bouquet Street. 

12:34 a.m. — Police issued a citation for underage drinking to an individual at Panther Hall. 

12:51 a.m. — Police issued a citation for underage drinking to an individual at Nordernberg Hall.  

1:01 a.m. — Police arrested an individual at Litchfield Tower B for aggravated assault, resisting arrest, disorderly conduct and underage drinking. 

1:05 a.m. — Police issued a citation for underage drinking to an individual at Amos Hall.  

1:05 a.m. — Police issued three citations for underage drinking, disorderly conduct and public drunkenness to an individual at 332 S. Bouquet St. 

2:10 a.m. — Police made two physical arrests for simple assault at Pennsylvania Hall. 

2:17 a.m. — Police recovered property at 3955 Forbes Ave. The owner was notified and the items were placed in an evidence locker.

2:34 a.m. — Police recovered property at 3955 Forbes Ave. The items were placed in an evidence locker.

6:01 a.m. — Police issued a citation for underage drinking at Lothrop Hall.

9:05 a.m. — Police responded to a report of a vandalized door at Ruskin Hall. An investigation is pending. 

10:57 a.m. — Police detectives assisted city police with monitoring a protest sponsored by Service Employees International Union on Bigelow Boulevard. 

12:58 p.m. — Police responded to a report of a wallet theft at Litchfield Tower B. The individual located the property a short time later. 

6:10 p.m. — Police recovered a debit card at 3200 Dawson St. The item was placed in an evidence locker. 

8:49 p.m. — Police responded to a report of a motor vehicle accident without injury at Walnut and Maryland streets. The accident involved a university-owned vehicle. 

8:56 p.m. — Police issued a citation to an individual for marijuana and disorderly conduct at Litchfield Tower A. 

10:11 p.m. — Police assisted city police with an attempted robbery on South Craig Street. 

11:33 p.m. — Police responded to a report of a smell of marijuana at Litchfield Tower B. A small amount of marijuana was confiscated. 

11:56 p.m. — Police issued a citation to an individual for marijuana and disorderly conduct at Bouquet Gardens B. 

Sunday, Sept. 8

12:01 a.m. — Police responded to a report of unknown persons destroying exit signs at Ruskin Hall. An investigation is pending.

12:08 a.m. — Police issued two citations for disorderly conduct and carrying a false ID to an individual at 3901 Forbes Ave. A citation for disorderly conduct was issued to another individual. 

1:17 a.m. — Police issued a citation for marijuana and disorderly conduct at Sutherland Hall. 

1:21 a.m. — Police assisted city police with roving foot patrols in the South Oakland area.

1:45 a.m. — Police issued a citation for public drunkenness at the Petersen Events Center.

2:43 a.m. — Police responded to a false fire alarm activation at Bouquet Gardens C. City fire responded and cleared the call.

7:08 a.m. — Police assisted city police with an attempted suicide on the 300 block of Meyran Avenue. 

10:40 a.m. — Police recovered property at Panther Central. Items were placed in an evidence locker.

2:48 p.m. — Police responded to a guard’s report that two individuals were filming him with their cell phones at the Fitzgerald Field House. Both parties were spoken with and advised.

3:01 p.m. — Police responded to a report by two individuals that their laptops had been stolen at Hillman Library. An investigation is pending. 

3:39 p.m. — Police discovered a damaged set of blinds at Bouquet Gardens H while on a patrol. An investigation is pending.

3:57 p.m. — Police  issued a citation for marijuana and disorderly conduct at Roberto Clemente and Schenley drives. 

5:39 p.m. — Police recovered a debit card at Hillman Library. The item was placed in an evidence locker. 

8:34 p.m. — Police responded to a report of an individual having an arm pain at Brackenridge Hall. City medics responded and transported the person to UPMC Presbyterian Hospital. 

11:37 p.m. — Police assisted Carnegie Mellon police with an intoxicated male at Fifth and Morewood avenues. 

Monday, Sept. 9

5:04 a.m. — Police responded to a false fire alarm activation at Thomas Boulevard. 

Friday, Sept. 13

8:35 a.m. — Police received numerous alcohol law violations reported by Residence Life. 

9:22 a.m. — Police responded to a false fire alarm activation at Nordenberg Hall. 

12:02 p.m. — Police responded to a false fire alarm activation at Holland Hall. 

12:45 p.m. — Police responded to a report of two individuals feeling light-headed at Victoria Building. City medics responded and transported both persons to UPMC Presbyterian Hospital. 

1:03 p.m. — Police responded to a report of a suspicious person attempting to get on a Pitt shuttle bus without identification on Bigelow Boulevard and Fifth Avenue. The person was identified and given property warnings. 

1:52 p.m. — Police  responded to a report of a motor vehicle accident involving a university shuttle at 2nd Ave and Hot Metal St. Both parties exchanged drivers’ information. 

2:56 p.m. — Police responded to a report of an individual who had fainted at Petersen Events Center. The person refused any medical treatment. 

3:29 p.m. — Police assisted with an involuntary commitment at 4141 Fifth Ave. The individual was transported to Western Psychiatric Institute and Clinic. 

6:11 p.m. — Police recovered a credit card at Crawford Hall. The owner was notified and the item

was placed in an evidence locker. 

6:51 p.m. — Police responded to a false fire alarm activation at Sutherland Hall.

8:38 p.m. — Police issued a citation for disorderly conduct to an individual at 3941 O’Hara St. 

9:17 p.m. — Police assisted city police with an individual who walked into UPMC Presbyterian Hospital advising that the individual was stabbed somewhere on Terrace Street. The area was checked with negative results. 

9:56 p.m. — Police issued a citation for underage drinking to an individual at Amos Hall.  

11:17 p.m. — Police responded to a false fire alarm activation at Phi Kappa Theta. 

11:18 p.m. — Police recovered a cell phone at Pennsylvania Hall. The item was placed in an evidence locker.

11:49 p.m. — Police responded to a report of exit signs that had been ripped down at Ruskin Hall.

Saturday, Sept. 14 

12:12 a.m. — Police issued a citation for underage drinking to an individual at Ruskin Hall. 

12:53 a.m. — Police issued a citation for public drunkenness at Sennott Street and Oakland Avenue.

1:45 a.m. — Police issued a citation for underage drinking to an individual at Litchfield Tower A. 

1:49 a.m. — Police issued a citation for underage drinking to an individual at Ruskin Hall.

2:28 a.m. — Police issued a citation for marijuana and disorderly conduct to an individual at Lothrop Hall. 

3:47 a.m. — Police recovered a wallet at Ruskin Hall. The owner was notified and the item placed in an evidence locker. 

7:21 a.m. — Police responded to a report of heavy smoke near room 2500 in Posvar Hall. City fire responded and put the fire out. A fan belt in a ventilation unit had caught on fire. 

8:38 a.m. — Police towed two vehicles on Bigelow Boulevard and Forbes Avenue for being parked illegally. 

10:10 a.m. — Police responded to a report of an individual who injured a ankle at Litchfield Tower B. Officers transported the person to UPMC Presbyterian Hospital. 

11:17 a.m. — Police assisted Allegheny County Sherriff’s Department with an investigation at Heinz Field. 

11:24 a.m. — Police recovered a wallet at 3412 Forbes Ave. The owner was notified and the item placed in an evidence locker.

12:08 p.m. — Police responded to a report issued in error at Heinz Field. 

2:55 p.m. — Police responded to a report of a door forced-open alarm at Biomedical Science Tower 3. Upon arrival officers spoke with an employee who advised everything was fine. 

3:22 p.m. — Police responded to a false fire alarm activation at the University Club. 

4:08 p.m. — Police responded to a report of an unknown person who had sprayed an unknown red liquid over a laundry room at Bouquet Gardens B. 

8:24 p.m. — Police escorted an individual from Heinz Field for being intoxicated. The individual was referred for judicial action. 

Sunday, Sept. 15

1:13 a.m. — Police responded to a false fire alarm activation at the William Pitt Union. 

2:16 a.m. — Police issued a citation for underage drinking to an individual at Litchfield Tower C. 

2:25 a.m. — Police issued a summons arrest for possession with intent to deliver and possession of drug paraphernalia to an individual at Terrace and Darragh streets. Another individual was issued a citation for marijuana and disorderly conduct. 

2:44 a.m. — Police responded to a false fire alarm activation at 236 Oakland Ave.

2:48 a.m. — Police issued a citation for underage drinking to an individual at Holland Hall. 

3:17 a.m. — Police issued a citation for underage drinking at Litchfield Tower A. The juvenile was cited and parents were notified. 

4:05 a.m. — Police responded to a report of an individual who was making threats against the staff at Western Psychiatric Institute and Clinic. An investigation is pending. 

2:48 p.m. — Police responded to a report that an individual had left a phone and wallet unattended and were missing upon return at the Cost Sports Center. An investigation is pending. 

5:06 p.m. — Police attempted a traffic stop at Second Avenue and Bates Street. A vehicle pulled away at a high rate of speed. A short pursuit ensued but was terminated. 

5:18 p.m. — Police responded to a report that an individual’s vehicle was broken into and a computer was stolen at Soldiers & Sailors Memorial Hall. An investigation is pending. 

8:31 p.m. — Police issued a citation for a violation of a city ordinance (open container) to an individual on North Bouquet Street. 

9:03 p.m. — Police assisted city police with a burglary in progress at 265 Atwood St. The area was searched with negative results. 

9:36 p.m. — Police responded to report of an individual who twisted an ankle at O’Hara Student Center. Officers transported the person to UPMC Presbyterian Hospital. 

10:44 p.m. — Police responded to a report of a missing laptop at Benedum Hall. An investigation is pending. 

Monday, Sept. 16

3:47 a.m. — Police received information concerning loud parties from Sept. 13 to Sept. 14 in South Oakland. 

7:35 a.m. — Police responded to a security guard who found a used syringe in front of the O’Hara Garage. Officers confiscated the needle and took it to UPMC Presbyterian for proper disposal. 

9:12 a.m. — Police recovered a watch at the Space Research Coordination Center. The item was placed in an evidence locker. 

10:49 a.m. — Police responded to a supervisor with U.S. Security who said she was receiving harassing phone calls after an employee was terminated at the Cathedral of Learning. An investigation is pending. 

12:22 p.m. — Police responded to a report issued in error. 

1:11 p.m. — Police recovered an iPhone at Hillman Library. The owner was notified and the item was placed in an evidence locker. 

6:27 p.m. — Police arrested an individual for theft by unlawful taking, possession of instruments of a crime, tampering with evidence and disorderly conduct at Benedum Hall. 

7:51 p.m. — Police responded to a report of a stolen bike at Benedum Hall. 

Tuesday, Sept. 17

12:30 a.m. — Police responded to a report of an individual harassing people for money at Forbes Avenue and Bouquet Street. An individual was located and given a warning. 

1:05 a.m. — Police responded to a report of an individual who was feeling ill at Sutherland Hall. City medics responded and treated the person at the scene.