Letter from the Editor: Make The Pitt News part of your daily routine

By Amy Friedenberger

This year will bring a presidential election, still-undetermined effects of Pennsylvania’s…This year will bring a presidential election, still-undetermined effects of Pennsylvania’s voter ID bill, a new football coach, a governor’s advisory commission working to reshape the state’s postsecondary education system and, most likely, more debate surrounding the state’s budget and how it relates to Pitt.

That’s why you should make The Pitt News part of your daily routine.

The results of these events have the potential to shape the lives of the almost 30,000 students who attend the University of Pittsburgh. And at The Pitt News, a completely independent student-run newspaper, our mission has always been to serve the students at this University.

We have a news section devoted to digging into information not easily made available to the public. We have a team of columnists critiquing various aspects of University life and policy. We have an arts and entertainment section providing readers with cultural knowledge and updates. And we have a sports desk offering the campus’s most timely sports coverage.

Not only do we keep Pittnews.com frequently refreshed, we also have social media accounts that are always delivering news. So follow our main Twitter account, @ThePittNews, and our sports Twitter, @pittnewssports. Like us on Facebook; be part of the conversation.

It’s easy to wake up and go to class each day and not pay attention to what the school administration or the state government is doing. But choose to pick up The Pitt News and read it while eating your eggs at Market Central or waiting for your class to begin. See something you like or don’t like? Write a letter to the editor or comment on a story online.

Welcome back to Pitt, and the next time you pass a newsstand, pick up a copy of The Pitt News. After all, you’re the ones we’re working for.

As always, Hail to Pitt,

Amy Friedenberger

Editor in Chief