Football: Baldwin, Hynoski, Lewis declare for NFL draft

By Alex Oltmanns

Three Pitt football players — junior receiver Jon Baldwin, junior fullback Henry Hynoski and… Three Pitt football players — junior receiver Jon Baldwin, junior fullback Henry Hynoski and sophomore running back Dion Lewis — declared for the NFL draft Monday and will forego their remaining college eligibility.

Baldwin finished this season with 53 catches for 822 yards and five touchdowns while being named to his second straight first-team All-Big East selection.

“After careful consideration and discussions with my mother and my father as well as helpful information from coach [Dave] Wannstedt regarding my draft status, I have decided to forego my senior season and enter the NFL draft,” Baldwin said in a statement.

Hynoski had 12 carries this season for 33 yards with 25 catches for 174 yards and a touchdown while also serving as a key blocker for Lewis and fellow running back Ray Graham.

“I feel that the current time is my best opportunity to fulfill my life-long dream of entering the NFL draft,” Hynoski said in a statement.

Lewis rushed for a school record 2,860 yards in his two seasons as a Panther and is fourth in the school’s all-time rushing ranks. Last season he was named the Big East’s Offensive Player of the Year.

“I look forward to the challenges facing me as an NFL rookie, and I believe my time here at the University of Pittsburgh under coach Wannstedt’s tutelage has prepared me extremely well for the demands awaiting me at the next level,” Lewis said in a statement.