New York Knicks forward Precious Achiuwa (5) shoots over Philadelphia 76ers guard Kelly Oubre Jr., rear, in red, during the first half of an NBA basketball game in New York on Sunday, March 10, 2024. (AP Photo/Peter K. Afriyie)
Column | Former Villanova fanatic watches “Nova Knicks” take down Sixers in NBA Playoffs
By Aidan Kasner, Sports Editor • May 23, 2024
Opinion | Do not arrest peaceful protesters
By Livia LaMarca, Assistant Opinions Editor • May 23, 2024

The Pitt News Sports Podcast | Torrey Stafford is a ‘student of the game’

Assistant sports editor Jermaine Sykes and senior staff writer Matthew Scabilloni are back for another episode of “The Pitt News Sports Podcast” where they sit down with volleyball star Torrey Stafford to discuss her path to Pitt and her life in Pittsburgh and as a dominant player on the court.
Carrington Bryan | Staff Illustrator

On this episode of “The Pitt News Sports Podcast,” assistant sports editor Jermaine Sykes and senior staff writer Matthew Scabilloni are back with their second guest of the season — All-ACC First-Team honoree and first-year outside hitter Torrey Stafford. Stafford discusses what led her to Pitt, how she learned to embrace life in a new city and her goals for her future at Pitt volleyball. 

This podcast is available on Spotify and Apple Podcasts. 

Audio edited by Julia Smeltzer.

Music by Anton Vlasov from Pixabay.

About the Contributors
Jermaine Sykes, Assistant Sports Editor
Jermaine Sykes is the Assistant Sports Editor for The Pitt News. He is a part of the College of Business and Administration class of 2024 and is double majoring in Marketing and Human Resources Management. He is also pursuing a Sports Management certificate and an Economics minor. He has written over 90 articles as a member of the sports staff.
Matthew Scabilloni, Senior Staff Writer