A quick look at the upcoming weekend in Pitt sports

By Sergei Feldman

Men’s Soccer:

Last year’s Pitt men’s soccer team started the season with a hot streak…. Men’s Soccer:

Last year’s Pitt men’s soccer team started the season with a hot streak. This year? Not so much. After winning its season opener against Robert Morris 3-1, the Panthers have dropped their last four matches but are looking to turn things around this weekend against Cincinnati today and at Louisville Sunday. Senior midfielder Mike McDade has led the way for the Panthers with three goals in the first five games.

Women’s Soccer:

After opening the season with a four-game winning streak and earning a national ranking, the Pitt women’s soccer team has lost its last two games against Drexel and the University of Pennsylvania. The Panthers have played five of their first six games on the road and look forward to playing their next seven of eight games at familiar Founders Field. They open play this weekend against West Virginia tonight and St. Bonaventure on Sunday.

Cross Country:

Pitt competes in the Cappy Anderson Invitational in Princess Ann, Md., on Saturday at Maryland Eastern Shore. Its season opener, at the Duquesne Duals, was highlighted by Teddy Miller’s fourth place finish for the men, while Alyssa Kunkle finished first for the women’s side.

Volleyball:

The Blue-Gold tournament is Saturday and Sunday at the Fitzgerald Field House, as the host Panthers compete against Maryland Eastern Shore, Valparaiso and Youngstown State. Senior Meagan Dooley looks to continue her excellent play after a stellar all-tournament performance at the Comcast Challenge.