Pitt Police Blotter

By -

Monday, June 1

7:23 a.m. – Police responded to the theft from a vending machine on the… Monday, June 1

7:23 a.m. – Police responded to the theft from a vending machine on the ground floor of the Cathedral of Learning. An investigation is pending.

9:12 a.m. – An individual reported receiving harassing phone calls from a known person. An investigation is pending.

1:11 p.m. – Police received a report of an individual screaming at people in front of Clapp Hall.

4:04 p.m. – Police cited non-affiliate Larry Thornton, of 621 Brownsville Road, for scattering rubbish on the corner of Fifth Avenue and Atwood Street.

Tuesday, June 2

11:36 a.m. – Police received a report of a suspicious individual on the second floor of the Forbes Hall Pavilion.

7:09 p.m. – Police cited non-affiliate Florence Macon, of 414 N. Mathilda St., for an open container violation and for scattering rubbish in front of 325 N. Craig St.

7:48 p.m. – Police cited student Kara Kleber, of 3109 Hemlock Drive, Allison Park, Pa., and student Erika Kiah, 15604 Good Hope Road, Silver Spring, Md., for disorderly conduct and possession of marijuana on Halket Street between Fifth and Forbes avenues.

Wednesday, June 3

1:47 p.m. – Police cited non-affiliate Kenneth James McConeghy, of 630 Broadway Ave., McKees Rocks, Pa., for an open container violation at Fifth Avenue and Craig Street.

4:45 p.m. – Pitt police assisted city police with a vehicle pursuit that ended in the Sugar Top area.

6:44 p.m. – Police turned over a laptop computer left in the ballroom of Alumni Hall to an event coordinator.

8:51 p.m. – Police responded to the theft of a GPS from a vehicle parked on the G1 level of the SN Garage. An investigation is pending.

Thursday, June 4

9:12 a.m. – An officer took a report of the theft of a bicycle at the Cathedral of Learning. An investigation is pending.

10:46 a.m. – An officer took a report from the bookstore regarding fraudulent checks. An investigation is pending.

Friday, June 5

2:08 a.m. – An officer cited student Noah Sydney Gerber, of 173 Seneca Drive, for disorderly conduct in the Q Lot.

9:50 a.m. – An officer took a report regarding a bad check being passed at the University of Pittsburgh Book Center. An investigation is pending.

12:37 a.m. – An officer took a harassment report at the Hillman Library Annex.

Saturday, June 6

1:41 a.m. – An officer cited non-affiliate Nadine Angela Wright, of 600 Greenleaf Drive, Monroeville, Pa., for disorderly conduct and several traffic violations at South Bouquet Street and Roberto Clemente Drive.

2:19 a.m. – An officer cited non-affiliate Marc Dante Buzzelli, of 3214 Latonia Ave., for an open container violation at Forbes Avenue and McKee Place.

2:33 p.m. – Pitt police officers assisted city police with looking for a man who punched a woman on Forbes Avenue. An investigation is pending.

3:09 p.m. – Pitt police officers assisted city police with a theft report at 419 Oakland Ave.

Sunday, June 7

2:13 a.m. – Police arrested non-affiliate Heather Lynn Dandar, of 2212 Lewis St., McKeesport, Pa., for suspected driving under the influence on the Boulevard of the Allies near Halket Street.

3:44 a.m. – Police arrested non-affiliate Allen Marcel Johnson, of 8449 Dersam St., for suspected driving under the influence at Fifth Avenue and Chesterfield Road.

5:18 p.m. – An officer cited non-affiliate Theodore DisBennett, who has no known address, for a city ordinance violation at CVS Pharmacy on Forbes Avenue.

Monday, June 8

2:36 a.m. – An officer cited non-affiliate Zachary Adam Precopio, of 5096 S. Passage Drive, for an open container violation at Semple and Ward streets.

The information in this article comes directly from an official log released by the Pitt police. The log does not contain the names of crime victims. The Pitt News does no additional reporting in the police blotter.