Letter to the Editor, Jan. 13

By Pitt News Staff

To the Editor, ‘ Since coming back to campus this past week, I have felt an anti-Israel… To the Editor, ‘ Since coming back to campus this past week, I have felt an anti-Israel sentiment that I have not previously felt here in Pittsburgh. One of the biggest problems that I’ve seen, on both sides, is a lack of knowledge. Many students have only the most basic understanding of the current situation in Israel, and the vast majority know even less about the history behind it. The past three years, when Palestinian rockets have fallen almost daily on the city of Sderot, have become moot as people claim that Israel has ‘suddenly’ launched an attack on Gaza. The current war is defensive on the part of Israel, as the rockets launched from Gaza have been reaching farther into Israel proper than ever before. ‘ As the president of the Zionist Organization of America at Pitt’s campus, I urge pro-Israel students to stand strong and educate themselves on the truth about what is currently going on in Israel. There are countless resources available to educate people about the history of this conflict, and I believe that it is imperative to know the truth. Samantha Vinokor School of Arts ‘amp; Sciences