Ro-Tony’s Week 11 fantasy forecast

By TONY FERRAIOLO

It’s been a long season for some of the perceived fantasy headliners, and with the playoffs… It’s been a long season for some of the perceived fantasy headliners, and with the playoffs promptly approaching micro-management is your best contingency for making it to the postseason showdown. Don’t get caught with an idle player in your lineup. It’s not the time to sit on a running back or receiver just because you spent an early draft choice on them.

Have the fortitude to make a smart play, or a trade you think will get you to the playoffs. If you already have a postseason spot secured, don’t hesitate to make a trade that could potentially provide your team with better matchups in the championship week.

Here are some late week injury updates to help ensure you field a lineup that will, at the very least, be on the field in Week 11 and beyond.

Adrian Peterson – Peterson tore his LCL, but should play again this year, though it’s unlikely he’ll be back before Week 14. Some may think he still has value for the playoff weeks, but I’m not an advocate. There’s no reason Vikings head coach Brad Childress should consider using Peterson if he’s cleared to play. Minnesota is all but out of the playoff hunt, and Peterson has a history of injuries. I think it’d be foolish to risk Peterson’s promising future, and I have a feeling Childress may realize the same thing.

Suggestion: I’d move him immediately while his value is still high, especially if you’re a .500 team fighting to make the playoffs. You have to make the postseason before you can win a championship, and it’s unlikely Peterson will help you get there.

Larry Johnson – Like with Peterson, it’d be unwise to depend on LJ for the rest of this season. The only reason it hasn’t been announced whether or not his foot is broken is because there’s still too much swelling to take a clear MRI. So before Johnson gets back on the field the swelling must subside, and then it must be determined that his foot is not broken, and then he must feel good enough to play again. And by then the season will likely be over.

Suggestion: It’s been a frustrating season for Johnson owners, I wouldn’t go as far as to waive him, but I wouldn’t let anything better than Lee Evans pass by your trade desk.

LenDale White – White was on a torrid pace over the last few weeks with three straight 100-yard games, but he’s been slowed by a toe injury, and that was before a knee injury forced him out of Sunday’s game against Jacksonville. So far Jeff Fisher is downplaying its severity. Check the injuries report this weekend, and make sure he’s practiced.

Suggestion: Good news: it looks like he’ll be able to play this weekend against Denver. Great news: Denver has the 2nd worst rush defense in the NFL.

Selvin Young/Travis Henry – Assuming he loses his appeal, you just get the feeling Henry’s knee injury is going to cause him to serve his suspension, and we all know Mike Shanahan’s mentality. Young could become extremely valuable as he showed last week.

Suggestion: If I were a betting man, and I am, I’d take my chances with Young from here on out.

Deion Branch – Branch missed Monday night’s game against San Francisco with a foot injury. Mike Holmgren has insinuated that he’ll play, but he said the same thing going into last week.

Suggestion: Branch will be back, but I wouldn’t rely on him this week. D.J. Hackett is a must have. I repeat – must have. Branch will be valuable down the stretch, but for the immediate future get Hackett.

Kevin Jones – Jones wasn’t on the injury report this week and will play against the Giants on Sunday.

Suggestion: The Lions rushed for minus-8 yards last week against Arizona. It’s late in the season, and if you’re vying for a spot in the playoffs you want sure things. Jones had to leave Sunday’s game on two separate occasions with soreness in his foot. The same foot that he had surgery on in the offseason. The same foot that caused him to miss action early in the year. Subsequently, it’s the same foot that could force him out at anytime the rest of the season, at the same time possibly losing a game that could get you to the playoffs.

Marshawn Lynch – It doesn’t look like the Bills are going to have Lynch (sprained ankle) when they try to hand the Patriots their first loss on Sunday night.

Suggestion: If Lynch is out, and it’s highly likely he will be, Anthony Thomas and Dwayne Wright will split carries. If you need to replace Lynch, Wright is probably your best option, as he is the more explosive of the two. But neither are good starts since Buffalo plays Sunday night, and won’t announce their plans until after your lineup must be set. Plus the Pats have been dominant against the run, allowing only 90.6 yards per game.

Isaac Bruce – Bruce practiced on Wednesday, but this is the second time he’s aggravated his hamstring. Check his status before you start him.

Suggestion: It’s unfortunate if Bruce misses any time. Marc Bulger has had two straight 300-yard games and the Rams’ offense finally looks coherent. If Bruce is out, Drew Bennett is a must play, and more than likely he’s available