April Fools: Evolution of Dance. Next up: Pitt.

By LAURIE ZINBERG

Editor’s note: This story appeared as part of The Pitt News 2007 April Fools’ edition. It is… Editor’s note: This story appeared as part of The Pitt News 2007 April Fools’ edition. It is a work of fiction produced solely for entertainment value.

Numa Numa. Shoes. Will it Blend? Evolution of Dance. Next up: Pitt.

The most popular actors are no longer showing up on the big screen; they’re moving to the comforts of a computer screen near you, streaming the Internet. Want to be THE next YouTube superstar? Then a brand-new, uber-fantastic class that’ll have students screaming, “Can we have another assignment, please!” might actually be a perfect class to take.

The class is called How to Make it Big on YouTube 101.

According to the School of Arts and Sciences Advising Center, the class does not fulfill any general education requirements, but it does make students feel a lot cooler.

“This course is geared to let students get creative and learn how to express themselves over the Internet in a stylistic fashion, but frankly, the course is completely a waste of time,” adviser Susan Shmusin said.

The class is led by world-renowned YouTube hunter professor Machen Assufyorself, who has traveled all of the Northern Hemisphere, scouting out talent that has hit your monitor in the form of three-minute clips.

After years of persistent blueberry-muffin-giving to the highly respected professor, Pitt was finally able to convince him to leave his condominium in the Bahamas, where professor Assufyorself is currently trying to convince the media that he truly is Annasbabydaddy.

In efforts to have him teach the class, Pitt has to dig deep into its revenues to pay off professor Assufyorself the amount he would have made being Annasbabydaddy.

Scheduled for the fall 2007 semester, How to Make it Big on YouTube 101 will be sure to get students out of the party, into the classroom and onto computer screens worldwide.

Sample lectures include the history of the numa, the power of the YouTube channel and the war of the manboobs phenomenon copyright.

“This course will heighten students’ sense of the influence of YouTube on society. They will learn the in-and-outs of how to make a successful video, and the top five clips will be officially uploaded,” professor Assufyorself said.

Students will undergo various projects over the course of the semester including – but not limited to – parody of a music video, dance performance, group collaboration, voice overwrite of a sitcom theme song, clay-formation parody and pranks.

“YouTube 101 may be, like, the best class ever. I, like, can’t believe how awesome, like, my semester is going to be now. I’m totally going to do, like, a sketch from ‘Golden Girls.’ No one can beat my Rose impression,” Ester Epinephrine said.

The class is open to any Pitt student with a QPA of at least 1.5. Since the class is in extremely high demand, a video audition must have been submitted to professor Assufyorself by yesterday, with an explanation of why the student is the next YouTube star.