AIDS fund-raising event will feature photography of Ken Wong

By ROSS RADER

Face to Face AIDS Project

Student Leaders in International Medicine…

Face to Face AIDS Project

Student Leaders in International Medicine

Omni William Penn Hotel

Friday, 7-9 p.m.

Free with Pitt I.D. (donations welcome)

(412) 818-4927

This Friday, the Face to Face AIDS fund-raising event will be held at the Omni William Penn Hotel. The event is held through Student Leaders in International Medicine, a group dedicated to encouraging the awareness of health care professionals looking for ways to extend their knowledge beyond the borders of the United States.

The Face to Face AIDS Project will feature a silent auction of the photography of Ken Wong, live music, light refreshments and hors d’oeuvres.

Experts are realizing that children afflicted with AIDS in Africa are not getting proper treatment or medication, despite the fact that medication has become affordable and available throughout the continent.

Wong portrays the African AIDS pandemic through his photography. Admission is $20, although Pitt students are admitted for free with donations welcome. For ticketing information, contact Charise Shively at 412-818-4927.

Immediately following Face to Face, Water Equals Life will have a nonprofit charity fund-raising event at the Z-Lounge at 2108 East Carson St. The event is sponsored by the Allegheny County Medical Society Alliance and the Face to Face AIDS Project.

The event will feature music by DJs from Humanaut/Nightvision. Ken Wong’s artwork, along with Matthew Unger, Danny Devine, Luck Stock, Dallah Cesen, Cameron Clayton and Dustin Perry will also appear. A donation of $10 is suggested. For more information, contact WEL at www.h20equalslife.org.