Shooting suspect named

By JARED TRENT STONESIFER

A Hazelwood man turned himself in to police 14 hours after a fatal shooting occurred on Forbes… A Hazelwood man turned himself in to police 14 hours after a fatal shooting occurred on Forbes Avenue early Thursday morning.

Dylar Dunn, 21, is charged with the murder of Phenice Shay Buckley, 24, also of Hazelwood. Dunn is also charged with possessing a concealed weapon.

According to a release from city police, an off-duty officer inside Essie’s Original Hot Dog Shop heard a gunshot at approximately 2:48 a.m. Thursday and called for assistance. Moments later, a second shot rang out.

Another officer who was patrolling the area also heard the shots and responded to the scene.

Police found Buckley partially underneath a parked vehicle in front of Boomerang’s Bar and Grille. He was transported to UPMC Presbyterian, where he died at 3:40 a.m.

City Councilman Doug Shields, whose district includes Hazelwood, said that his community is not unfamiliar with crime.

“This community has been reacting for a number of years to crime in the city,” Shields said. “This is a big issue, but the police are making arrests. They are doing their job. But people are getting weary of it.”

Dunn’s preliminary hearing is scheduled for Friday, Oct. 28, in city court.

He is accused of drawing a gun and firing on Buckley after the two men engaged in an argument.

Another man, Juan Lamont Moyer II, 20, allegedly tried to break up the argument and was shot in the elbow.

According to the release from the police, Moyer fled the scene. He’s been charged with fleeing and eluding and tampering with evidence.