Pitt Police Blotter

By Pitt News Staff

Friday, Aug. 26

9:01 a.m. — Someone stole a table from the sidewalk in the… Friday, Aug. 26

9:01 a.m. — Someone stole a table from the sidewalk in the 200 block of Bouquet Street.

12:31 p.m. — Police arrested non-affiliate Benjamin Roberson, of 700 Webster Terrace, for retail theft at the intersection of Atwood Street and Forbes Avenue.

12:52 p.m. — A woman reported that her wallet was stolen from her office in Posvar Hall.

10:46 p.m. — Police received a call from a woman who said that her child had not returned from the lower campus area. The woman later called to say that her child had returned.

Saturday, Aug. 27

12:56 a.m. — Student Sandra A. Abla, of Litchfield Tower B, was cited for underage drinking in the Towers lobby.

1:02 a.m. — Police cited student Michael Ansell, of Sutherland Hall, for underage drinking in the 4100 block of Alequippa Street.

1:46 a.m. — An officer cited student Kristen Botte, of New Cumberland, Pa., for underage drinking near the Graduate School of Public Health building.

4:15 a.m. — Student Anthony Mondora, of Sutherland Hall, was cited for underage drinking in Sutherland Hall.

10:50 a.m. — Officers monitored a protest at the intersection of Forbes and Oakland avenues.

12:02 p.m. — A woman reported that her backpack was stolen from the Cathedral of Learning’s lawn.

Sunday, Aug. 28

1:32 a.m. — Someone fled from an attempted traffic stop by an officer in the 3900 block of Fifth Avenue. Police have identified the person and are attempting to obtain a warrant.

2:51 a.m. — Police cited student Patrick Ryan Mitsch, of 506 Mohican Ave., for underage drinking in Tower B.

2:57 a.m. — Student Bridget Cunningham, of Amos Hall, was cited for underage drinking in Holland Hall.

3:14 a.m. — Officers cited a juvenile for underage drinking in Sutherland Hall.

7:41 a.m. — A vehicle parked in a hazardous position near Eureka Hall was towed.

Monday, Aug. 29

2:11 a.m. — Police escorted an intoxicated woman back to her residence from the corner of Joncaire and Bouquet streets.

12:39 p.m. — Someone had a seizure in the O’Hara garage’s elevator. The person was transported to a local hospital.

8:57 p.m. — Non-affiliate Ricky C. Rasp, of no fixed address, was cited for having an open container on Forbes Avenue.

Tuesday, Aug. 30

1:09 a.m. — Officers assisted city police with a possible intrusion at 311 Atwood St. The incident was cleared.

11:06 a.m. — Police searched the upper floors of the Cathedral of Learning for a person acting in a strange manner. The officers could not locate the person.

12:23 p.m. — Officers assisted Port Authority police with an accident involving a pedestrian and a bus at Fifth and Tennyson avenues.

2:14 p.m. — A woman reported that her wallet was stolen from her office in Scaife Hall.

4:25 p.m. — Electronic equipment was stolen from Sigma Chi.

3:56 p.m. — Officers assisted city police with an auto accident at Fifth and Ruskin avenues.

Wednesday, Aug. 31

8:51 a.m. — Workers in Crawford Hall accidentally activated a fire alarm.

2:09 p.m. — A broken steam pipe in Crawford Hall activated a fire alarm.

3:47 p.m. — Police arrested non-affiliate Earl Robinson, of 4810 Rosetta St., for aggravated assault in the 3800 block of Forbes Avenue.

5:04 p.m. — A guard in Trees Hall confiscated an ID card used by an unauthorized person. The ID card was placed in the evidence room.