Florence Davis was a friend to many

By MICHAEL MASTROIANNI

Florence Davis seemed to manage to be everything to everyone during her career at the… Florence Davis seemed to manage to be everything to everyone during her career at the University of Pittsburgh.

“She was a consummate professional and also a good friend,” said Anita Williams, one of Davis’ former coworkers.

Davis, 69, died Friday night at Mercy Hospital after an automobile struck her on the Boulevard of the Allies near Hamlet Street.

“She will be deeply missed,” Williams said.

Davis managed Pitt’s All Temps Agency, which provides alternative temporary staffing to the University. During her time at Pitt, she helped many people make the jump to full-time employment.

“[Davis] was always nice to work with and helped a lot of people get on board at Pitt,” said Carol Pivak from Pitt’s Facilities Management. “Everyone had something good to say about her.”

Davis retired from Pitt in 2002 and began working full-time for a few years as a real estate agent for Coldwell Banker at its Washington Road office.

“She was here part-time when I came in 1995,” said Virginia Montgomery, manager of the Washington Road office. “She was a very classy lady and well-liked by everyone.”

Davis lived in Upper St. Clair with her husband, George, who also works for Coldwell Banker. He was present when Davis was struck on the Boulevard of the Allies.

“He seems to be all right now,” Montgomery said. “He’s got his whole family with him.”

There are no charges pending at this time regarding the incident.

The University of Pittsburgh also offers their condolences to Davis’ family.

“I can’t say enough about her,” Williams said. “She would do anything for people.”