Grab your tissues and come see Def Comedy Jam comedian Epps at the Improv this weekend

By SHANI ALSTON

It’s all about the comedy with this Def Comedy Jam veteran.

Mike Epps, an Indiana native,… It’s all about the comedy with this Def Comedy Jam veteran.

Mike Epps, an Indiana native, has been cracking jokes since he was a kid. He started performing stand-up comedy in his teen-age years. After that, he moved to Atlanta and became well-known in the comedy world, performing at Comedy Act Theatre. In 1995, he moved to New York City to star in Def Comedy Jam. There, he also soon found success as a movie comedian.

Epps’ unique style of comedy can be seen in movies such as “Friday After Next” and “All About the Benjamins,” where Epps had the opportunity to work with some of today’s hottest urban comics. That doesn’t mean Epps can’t stand on his own. Epps has had a variety of acting roles, from drama to sci-fi, and even a guest appearance on “The Sopranos.” Most recently, Epps’ was seen in “The Fighting Temptations.”

While filming, Epps’ likes to do comedy tours in order to give back to his fans. Starting Feb. 19, Epps’ will bring his comedy to the Improv at the Waterfront. His act will incorporate the skills he has gained from all of the well-known movies in which he has performed and the special style he can only bring to the stage.

For a humorous weekend, Mike Epps might be someone to check out.

Mike Epps will be performing at the Improv Feb. 19-22. For more information, call (412) 462-5233.