This isn’t a “Eurotrip” so much as it is Euro trash

By AMANDA WALTZ

“Eurotrip”

Director: Jeff Schaffer

Starring: Scott Mechlowicz, Jacob…

“Eurotrip”

Director: Jeff Schaffer

Starring: Scott Mechlowicz, Jacob Pitts, Michelle Trachtenberg, Travis Wester

Leave it to the creators of “Road Trip” to make a movie like “Eurotrip.” In this time of tarnished diplomacy, this film truly epitomizes why people across the pond hate the United States so much.

Unlike other movies that have pandered to the adolescent male demographic, this one seems to resort to tactics that are not only sad and pathetic, but also insulting. The difference between this movie and the gross-out teen comedies associated with it is that many of these films somewhat successfully combine offensive material and humor.

“Eurotrip” just seems to pull every tired stereotype from European culture and run with it. In other words, “Eurotrip” is a foul and intolerable waste that makes “American Pie” look like a top prizewinner at the Cannes films festival.

The movie starts out with Scott Thompson (Scott Mechlowicz), a gangly high-school graduate who, after being dumped by his unfaithful girlfriend, looks forward to a summer internship at his father’s medical practice. His plans change, however, when he finds out that the German guy he has been e-mailing over the past few months turns out to be a hot chick. Deciding that he must declare his love for her, he and his crude, horny sidekick Cooper (Jacob Pitts) leave for a trek across Europe. And they bring their two high school friends with them, the twins (Michelle Trachtenberg of “The Adventures of Pete and Pete” and Travis Wester).

During their trip to Germany, the group is confronted with drunken, British soccer hooligans, an annoying French performance artist, an overly touchy-feely Italian train mate, and, of course, kinky Amsterdam prostitutes. If that isn’t overkill, imagine a little German boy drawing a mustache on himself and marching while giving the Nazi salute. There’s something that will piss off everyone.

The humor that does not depend on a seriously underdeveloped understanding of foreigners is composed of unfunny running gags, incest and nudity. At one point, the group is chased down a nude beach by a crowd of naked men in a shot that could be categorized as a full frontal disaster. For those more interested in the female nudity, skip the movie and just rent some pornography. A few shots of oiled-up breasts are not worth the time spent wallowing in this movie’s mind-numbing stupidity..