Tiger Woods golfs in cyberspace

By Ian Reed

‘Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2004’ is the latest installment in what is simply the best golf… ‘Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2004’ is the latest installment in what is simply the best golf franchise ever created. It’s unparalleled in terms of game play, graphics and innovation, and it’s impossible to put down.

‘ ‘ ‘ ‘ ‘ This game has everything that could be desired in a golf video game. It boasts 19 different courses, including real life, PGA-certified courses, 15 PGA pros to play as or against, including John Daly and Adam Scott, a true 52-week PGA tour mode and much more.

‘ ‘ ‘ ‘ ‘ The single most innovative feature of ‘Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2004’ is the Gameface mode. The Gameface mode actually allows players to create themselves within the game with unbelievable accuracy. Every aspect about a player’s model can be tweaked, such as hair color, style and length; facial and bone structure; skin tone and texture; body mass in specific areas; height and weight. The mode is so versatile that, with less than 20 minutes of tweaking, you can actually put yourself in the game. This aspect adds much to the real feeling in ‘Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2004.’

‘ ‘ ‘ ‘ ‘ Graphically, ‘Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2004’ is the most detailed 3D golf game available. The greens are beautiful to look at, and the frame rate never drops below 60 frames per second. The draw distance is incredible. The sound is equally amazing. Oftentimes, I was forced to turn the volume down to see whether the helicopter was flying in the game or outside of my apartment. Feherty and McCord, who always seem to comment when you are headed for the bunker, provide the announcing in the game.

‘ ‘ ‘ ‘ ‘ The gameplay is what has set the ‘Tiger Woods PGA Tour’ franchise apart from the very beginning. ‘Tiger Woods PGA Tour’ puts you in complete control. There are no excuses.’ If your ball goes into the rough, it’s because you sent it there. The control is excellent, as it is intuitive for beginners and deep enough to keep true gamers immersed.

‘ ‘ ‘ ‘ ‘ Buy this game. ‘Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2004’ is not only one of the best games of the year, but it’s also the single best golf game ever created and is extremely fun to play.