These are no wannabe ballers or shot callers

By Katie Mavrich

The Last Shot

Tonight, 9 p.m.

Metropol, $10/$15

(412) 261-4512

The… The Last Shot

Tonight, 9 p.m.

Metropol, $10/$15

(412) 261-4512

The 2002-2003 men’s basketball season at Pitt was full of drama. It began with seedy ticket sales and ended with an even seedier departure of the man who led the team to the Sweet Sixteen two years in a row, head coach Ben Howland. But the debut season in the Pete itself was glorious – breathtaking victories accompanied a few heartbreaking defeats here and there.

To celebrate the good and forget the bad, The All-Is-On Project is holding a celebration in honor of our Big East Champions and the seniors who will bid the program ado, appropriately titled “The Last Shot.”

While the only stipulation for the event is that you must be old enough to vote, an enthusiasm for Pitt’s basketball team is a plus. The entire men’s basketball team will be in attendance as will the NBA’s top prospect – high school student LeBron James. While it is a basketball celebration, some members of the football team will be featured as well.

Radio station 106.7 WAMO will broadcast the event live and other radio personalities will be on hand to give play-by-plays. Live hip-hop and reggae tunes will be spun by DJ B-bonics, DJ Phinesse, DJ Donsville and DJ Drakesteelz.

Musical entertainment isn’t the only thing that will awe fans – a toast, awards to the senior players, fan giveaways and a film highlighting the season will be part of the event as well.

So get in tough with your athletic side – OK, Pitt’s athletic side – tonight for an experience like no other.