‘Cheap’ goes skating at Schenley Park

By KATIE MAVRICH

Although it doesn’t seem like it, winter officially began Dec. 21. While we were away… Although it doesn’t seem like it, winter officially began Dec. 21. While we were away during winter break, visions of pencils, books and teachers’ dirty looks were out of our heads. But now we are back, and so are those hellish visions.

While most of us may be counting down to winter’s end in March, it would be a shame not to take advantage of this frigid season. Hike on up to Schenley Park’s ice rink for some old-fashioned wintertime fun. You can go on Friday night from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. or at 9:30 p.m. until 11 p.m. If you feel like waiting until Saturday, skating times are 1:30 p.m., 4 p.m., 7 p.m. and 9:30 p.m. The Zamboni has to come out and clean the ice sometime, you know. It’s cheap, at $3.50 to skate and $2 to rent skates.

I would give you all of the times for the Sunday skates, but I know they are useless as you will be in your warm abodes watching the Steelers take on the Titans. However, since I realize football isn’t everyone’s thing, there is a really cheap skate at 7 p.m. on Sunday. Flash that Pitt ID and you get the whole package, skates and all for a mere $2.50.

Don’t forget to bundle up – I don’t want anyone getting frostbite for fear of missing out on the rest of the cheap events that are in store this semester.