Bands on the run

By KATIE MAVRICH

100 bands/ 31 Nights/ 1 City

Tonight through Sunday

Club Cafe

$5

21 and over

(412)… 100 bands/ 31 Nights/ 1 City

Tonight through Sunday

Club Cafe

$5

21 and over

(412) 431-4950

Hey there party people – I am sure by now that you are all familiar with a little thing going on in Pittsburgh called 100 Bands/ 31 Nights/ 1 City. If you don’t get out much and have no idea what I am talking about, it’s exactly what the title says, and the magic happens at Club Cafe on the South Side.

Tonight through Sunday, eight bands will play Club Cafe. Each night, the cover charge is only $5. That means that since the budget of Cheap is $10, you can either hit up the South Side for any two nights, or you can go once and have an extra $5. And this weekend everyone is invited, as all three shows are open to all ages.

On Friday you can hear SodaJerk, Soma Mestizo and Pain Dogs. If you don’t like these guys, then wait until Saturday to watch Opek 15 and Beam. But if you really, really want to take advantage of not having class on Monday because it’s Martin Luther King Jr. day, then wait until Sunday to hear New Invisible Joy, Tangerine and Mile One rock out. All of these bands are local and the shows start at 7:30 p.m.

But your musical entertainment on a budget doesn’t have to stop at the weekend. Remember, this is going on every single night during January, and some nights there isn’t a cover at all. To get the full schedule check out the Web site www.clubcafelive.com/100bands.