‘Cheap’ gets all dressed up and does Halloween

By KATIE MAVRICH

Just because you’re short on cash doesn’t mean you have to spend Halloween night dressed up in… Just because you’re short on cash doesn’t mean you have to spend Halloween night dressed up in costume wandering the streets of South Oakland looking for a random house party.

Tonight you can catch a showing of the original “Night of the Living Dead” in room 120 of David Lawrence Hall at 7:30 p.m., sponsored by Pitt in Hollywood. Costumes are welcome, and after the movie two zombie makeovers will be raffled off. Russ Streiner, the producer of the film, will be speaking at the event, as well as other people who have been involved in making movies here in Pittsburgh.

Head over to the Pittsburgh Cafe on Meyran Avenue and pay a $5 cover if you go as your scary self, and nothing if you are in costume. Karaoke, munchies and a costume contest with various prizes are all part of the night’s events. Sorry kids, this party is restricted to those 21 and over.

From 7 p.m. until 11 p.m., you can hit Schenley Quad for Holland Hall’s Annual Haunted House and Nightmare in the Quad. Admission to Haunted Holland will only cost you $1, and it’s free if you bring a canned food item. Nightmare in the Quad will include contests, music and other Halloween entertainment.

If all else fails, you can always celebrate the gory holiday with a horror flick from Take 2 Video or Blockbuster and candy corn.