Statistics, God and hate: a disturbing “religious” Web site

By TODD BRANDON MORRIS

There is a Web site I highly suggest none of you visit – www.godhatesfags.com. This is the… There is a Web site I highly suggest none of you visit – www.godhatesfags.com. This is the Web site for the Westboro Baptist Church. The WBC, lead by its pastor, Fred Phelps, are absolutely blinded by their hate. Listed below are some examples of “statistics” from the Web site.

“Fags fellete almost 100% of their sexual contacts and ingest semen from about half of those. Semen contains virtually every germ carried in the blood stream, so this is about equivalent to ingesting raw human blood.” Do you hear that, girls? Stop giving head!

“One study reports that the average fag has between 20 and 106 partners per year.” Do you realize that 106 different partners in a year would require hooking up every third day?

“Many fag sexual encounters occur while drunk [and/or] high on drugs.” It’s a good thing straight people don’t drink or do drugs.

“Fags got homosexuality removed from the list of mental illness in the early 70s by storming the annual American Psychiatric Association conference on successive years.” Watch out, our next agenda is legalizing the assassination of any hate-filled, God misrepresenting bigoted pastors. Do you know any?

“50% of suicides can be attributed to fags.” In a world with so much love, how can this be?

“Fags are … 19 times more likely to die in a traffic accident.” I suppose I should start to fly more. Maybe one of my 106 partners from this year will help me join the mile-high club.

“Because fags can’t reproduce naturally, they resort to recruiting children. Fags can be heard chanting ‘Ten percent is not enough, recruit, recruit, recruit.'” This is ridiculous. I was there – those children were obviously over 18.

The last two statistics fall under the heading, “fags aren’t discriminated against in employment, so why should they be a protected class?” Unlike the ones listed above, I believe these might hold some weight:

The average yearly income of a fag is $55,430. The average of the general population is $32,144. I bet you’re jealous, aren’t you? Don’t worry – we’re still recruiting, remember?

“59.6% of fags are college graduates. 18% percent of the general population are college graduates. 49% of fags hold professional/managerial positions. 15.9% of the general population hold such positions.” Hello! Pitt administration – same-sex benefits please.

Phelps and his church are somewhat known within the gay community. They claim to hold “peaceful’ demonstrations. They protested the funeral of Matthew Shepard, a Wyoming college student murdered because he was gay.

Picture this: Your son has been brutally murdered. You are driving to his funeral in the pouring rain. As you approach the church, a man comes out of nowhere with his bullhorn spouting slurs about your son. He is informing you and the world that your son is now in Hell.

Not only does that not seem “peaceful” to me, but that also doesn’t appear Christian. Perhaps Phelps forgot to put on his WWJD bracelet that day.

Phelps and the WBC proudly list some of their “peaceful” protest signs on their Web site including: “AIDS cures fags, Thank God for AIDS, and Thank God for Sept. 11.”

Phelps writes news releases with comments such as “Make no mistake! God is not running out of room in Hell! God casts thousands of fags and fag-enablers into Hell every hour – laughing, mocking, and deriding – as He torments them – forever!”

Phelps’ comments aren’t always specific to homosexuals. He also states on the Web site that, “In fact, this is true for most of mankind, because Christ taught that most of mankind goes to Hell.”

Well-spoken, Fred. I might be going to hell, but Phelps believes that most of you are coming with me.

I used to wonder where people with unrelenting hate got it. I now believe that Hermann Hesse said it best when he said, “If you hate a person, you hate something in him that is a part of yourself. What isn’t part of ourselves doesn’t disturb us.”

Todd Brandon Morris is a columnist for the Pitt News. He is often found pondering the question, “Whatever happened to the idea of ‘different strokes for different folks?'” Feel free to e-mail him the answer at [email protected].