Hotchkiss named associate media relations director

By KAREN BIELAK

It was announced yesterday that Greg Hotchkiss was named associate athletic media relations… It was announced yesterday that Greg Hotchkiss was named associate athletic media relations director for the Panthers. His primary duty will be to handle media relations for the men’s basketball team but he will handle the soccer and tennis teams as well.

Hotchkiss is the former assistant sports information director at the University of Florida, where he spent two years working with the Gators’ nationally ranked football and baseball teams. He also played a role in developing the national awards campaign for quarterback Rex Grossman, who was the runner-up in the Heisman Trophy balloting last season.

Before working at Florida, Hotchkiss spent time at Duke University, serving as a media contact for 12 sports. He oversaw all interviews for the Blue Devils’ 1999-2000 men’s basketball team, which spent much of the season ranked No. 1. He was also the media contact for the NCAA Outdoor Track and Field Championships, which Duke hosted in 2000.

Hotchkiss worked at Texas Tech from 1997-99 where he dealt with the baseball, football and volleyball programs. He was also an intern with the media relations departments of the Indianapolis Colts of the National Football League, the National Basketball Association’s Indiana Pacers and the University of Michigan sports information department.

Hotchkiss is the recipient of 10 College Sports Information Directors of America awards for his publication work.

He is a 1996 graduate of Franklin College where he earned a bachelor’s degree in journalism. Hotchkiss was also a member of the varsity soccer team and received the National Pulliam Journalism Scholarship.