Casual Fridays 4/18/14

Leave room for the Colonel

A Louisville, Ky., florist has designed a special type of corsage for this prom season. For $20, customers can buy a kit to make a corsage featuring the Kentucky Fried Chicken drumstick of their choice — extra crispy, Kentucky grilled chicken or original recipe. The corsage kit includes a $5 KFC gift card to be used toward the purchase of the drumstick. Those interested need to move quickly, as there are only 100 corsage kits on sale. There is no word on whether or not the corsages come with gravy-scented perfume.

Canine court

When a court in Cumberland County, N.J., summoned IV Griner to jury duty, they weren’t expecting the individual to have a wagging tail. As it turned out, IV Griner is a German Shepherd owned by Barrett Griner IV of Bridgeton, N.J. Barrett Griner named IV after the Roman numeral for four that he uses in his own name. Cumberland County’s judiciary coordinator assumes that the computer used to randomly choose individuals for jury duty incorrectly took the “IV” at the end of Griner’s name for his first name. As it turns out, IV was stricken from the jury pool after he exhibited a bias against cats.

Shopping for crocs

Shoppers at a Roseville, Calif., mall had an exotic surprise on April 11. A 4-foot-long Nile crocodile was left outside the pet store at the mall, its jaws wrapped in heavy-duty tape. The croc was left with a note identifying it as a Nile crocodile and advising someone to call rescue. It was taken into custody by the California Department of Fish and Wildlife, and officials say they will most likely donate the animal to a zoo. Although the croc’s origin is unknown, we can only assume it was at the mall in search of the latest Elton John CD.

Officer Doubtfire

In Pulaski Township, Pa., a cop went undercover in order to apprehend a flasher targeting children in the area. The flasher could not be charged because of a lack of evidence, prompting Sgt. Chad Adams to don a blue dress, black coat and bonnet in order to appear as an Amish woman. The sergeant posted a photo of himself in his costume to the police department’s Facebook page, assuring citizens the department was working to keep their children safe. What Pulaski residents did not know is that Adams was secretly filming the follow-up to the TLC show “Breaking Amish.”