Walk the Moon to headline Fall Fest

Photo%3A+TNS
Photo: TNS

Photo: TNS

Photo: TNS

By Dale Shoemaker / News Editor

Pitt’s Program Council scouted its Fall Fest performer options well this year.

The PPC booked Walk the Moon to headline Pitt’s annual Fall Fest a little more than a month before the indie pop band’s hit single “Shut Up and Dance” climbed to number four on Billboard. PPC announced the lineup Sunday for its annual festival on Sunday, Oct. 4 on Bigelow Boulevard.

“We try to scout out who’s going to get big,”  PPC spokesperson Alice Snook said.

Though there is no exact science, Snook said PPC listens to its student committees, which keep an ear tuned to up-and-coming pop culture and campus talk.

The lineup will also include indie rock band Coin and the winner of Pitt’s Battle of the Bands competition on Sept. 18.

Along with the music, PPC will host carnival games, spin art and a caricature artist for students.

Students seemed pleased with PPC’s choice. Within hours of tweeting the news that it was hosting Walk the Moon, PPC’s tweet was retweeted 93 times and favorited 69 times.

In previous years, Pitt has hosted Hoodie Allen, One Republic and All Time Low. Although Fall Fest is free for Pitt students, tickets for other Walk the Moon shows range from $40 to $150.

Because it is still planning the smaller acts and events for Fall Fest, Snook said PPC could not reveal the budget for Fall Fest until a time closer to the event.

Walk the Moon to headline Fall Fest