New York Knicks forward Precious Achiuwa (5) shoots over Philadelphia 76ers guard Kelly Oubre Jr., rear, in red, during the first half of an NBA basketball game in New York on Sunday, March 10, 2024. (AP Photo/Peter K. Afriyie)
Column | Former Villanova fanatic watches “Nova Knicks” take down Sixers in NBA Playoffs
By Aidan Kasner, Sports Editor • May 23, 2024
Opinion | Do not arrest peaceful protesters
By Livia LaMarca, Assistant Opinions Editor • May 23, 2024

Offensive coordinator Jim Chaney departing Pitt for Georgia

Jim Chaney is leaving Pitt after one season as offensive coordinator

Pitt football offensive coordinator Jim Chaney is leaving the team and accepting the same position at the University of Georgia, a source confirmed.

2015 was Chaney’s first season as Pitt’s offensive coordinator, as he joined new head coach Pat Narduzzi’s staff in January.

Chaney has served as the offensive coordinator at Purdue from 1997-2005, Tennessee from 2009-2012 and Arkansas from 2013-2014.

“On behalf of our entire program, I would like to thank Jim for his contributions to Pitt,” Pat Narduzzi said in a release. “His work was very important as we established our program in this first year. In addition to being an excellent football coach, he is a tremendous person and we wish him and his family the very best.”

Pitt returns to the field on Dec. 28, when they take on No. 21 Navy in the Military Bowl in Annapolis, Maryland. Kickoff is at 2:30 p.m.