Casual Fridays

By The Pitt News Editorial Staff

Yeah, b**** 

On Monday, police in La Grange, Ill., arrested an individual believed to be running a meth lab. Daniel Kowalski was already on electronic monitoring and restricted to home confinement for running a meth lab last summer. After entering Kowalski’s home, police found glass beakers, burners, chemicals and instructional information about how to make the drug. Kowalski has been charged with two counts of possession of a controlled substance, possession of methamphetamine-manufacturing instructional materials and possession of other materials needed to produce methamphetamine — all felony counts. In his mugshot, Kowalski was pictured wearing a Los Pollos Hermanos T-shirt, a reference to the TV show “Breaking Bad.” We’re guessing Kowalski is praying that Saul Goodman returns to his old line of work.

Pizza counts as a vegetable, right?

For the last 25 years, Maryland resident Dan Janssen claims to have eaten pizza for nearly every meal. The 38-year-old says he ate a normal diet while growing up, but decided to become a vegetarian as a teenager, even though he did not like vegetables. Instead, Janssen decided to eat only pizza. Janssen says he eats two 14-inch pizzas a day, going as far as working at a Domino’s in order to ensure he has enough pizza at his disposal. With all the pizza Janssen has bought over the last 25 years, he could have single-handedly funded the Little Caesars Pizza Bowl.

Rub-a-dub-dub, here’s a new tub

A British company has placed an advertisement seeking an individual to test its line of bathroom furnishings. Bathstore has stated interest in hiring a Bathroom Executive Officer who would be responsible for testing bathtubs and other products and providing written reports to the company on their experience. The individual who is hired for this position will regularly have new bathtubs installed in their house for them to test. The job requires a 12-month contract period that pays a salary of about $10,000, plus bathroom installation and products to test. Our only question is whether or not a rubber duckie is also included.

Silver ring thing

A man in England was exploring a field with a metal detector alongside his three grandsons when he thought he discovered a silver ring. Upon bending down to retrieve the ring and plucking it from the ground, John Hill realized it was a pin attached to a live WWII grenade. Hill told his grandsons to run away before gently placing the grenade on the ground and dialing 999. A Royal Navy bomb disposal team was dispatched, and the grenade was detonated. Hill, unlike Bruno Mars, is apparently not into the sport of catching grenades.