Pitt Police Blotter

By Pitt News Staff

Wednesday, May 21A state bridge inspector found human remains under Schenley Park… Wednesday, May 21A state bridge inspector found human remains under Schenley Park Bridge at 10:01 a.m. Pitt police assisted city police in clearing the investigation.

Thursday, May 22Collin M. McLaughlin, of Danville, Pa., was arrested for underage drinking in Schenley Plaza at 2:39 a.m. An officer found a soda machine unlocked on the G1 level of Posvar Hall at 5:12 p.m. The officer removed the money and placed it in the property room. A student violated University rules and was cautioned in Lothrop Hall at 1:54 a.m.

Friday, May 23Nonaffiliate Nicholas Step Vuchenich, of Bethel Park, Pa., was arrested on North Bouquet Street for driving under the influence at 2:29 a.m. A custodian accidentally dropped a set of keys down an elevator shaft in the Cathedral of Learning at 11:26 a.m. A piece of metal protruding from a parking barrier damaged a vehicle in the Old Cemetery Lot. An officer observed two men arguing on the street by the Learning Research and Development Center at 6:01 p.m. The men had exchanged blows before the officers arrived, and will be referred to the Judicial Board. At 11:52 p.m., police at the Hillman Library arrested nonaffiliates Marvin J. Carmon, of 500 Sickles Street, Assante Strafford Holmes, of 703 Tokay Street, and William Hunter Jr., of 587 Segrent Street, for receiving stolen property, drug possession, possession with intent to deliver and conspiracy.

Saturday, May 24A man called from Malaysia at 2:54 p.m. to check on his wife’s well-being. Officers were unable to locate the person.

Sunday, May 25An officer responded, at 12:03 a.m., to a report that a light pole was knocked down on University Drive. The officer found vehicle debris and a downed pole, and notified an engineer. Nonaffiliate Wade L. Emrick, of 3889 Bigelow Boulevard, was arrested at 12:23 a.m. for aggravated assault at Sennott and Bouquet streets. At 2:18 a.m., officers arrested nonaffiliate Apollo Bey, of 544 Paulson Avenue, on warrants issued by the City of Pittsburgh and Allegheny County Sheriffs for bond forfeiture. He was also found in possession of drugs.

Monday, May 26At 2:02 a.m., police cited nonaffiliate Blaine Fazio, of 5905 Elgin Street, for disorderly conduct. In Ruskin Hall apartments, police cited nonaffiliate Robert Jeremy Ewanco, of 133 Homer Circle, for public intoxication at 6:44 a.m.

Tuesday, May 27At Robinson and Aliquippa streets, at 10:38 a.m., officers confiscated a person’s driver’s license and issued a citation for driving while under suspicion.

Wednesday, May 28 At 4:07 p.m., police arrested nonaffiliate Didiano Nazzareno, of 115 1/2 Griffin Street, for possession of a small amount of marijuana at 3606 Fifth Avenue. A guard reported that the parking gate came down on a vehicle in the O’Hara Garage at 6:24 a.m. The gate was damaged, but no damage to the auto was reported.

Friday, May 30An officer removed a person who was yelling in a dean’s office in Posvar Hall at 2:53 p.m. The person received a trespass warning. Officers stopped a vehicle for going the wrong way on the 100 block of Atwood Street. The officer suspended the driver’s license and vehicle registration, towed the vehicle and cited the driver.

Saturday, May 31In Mervis Hall, at 1:40 p.m., officers cited nonaffiliate Kathy Mary Stewart, of 1820 Plainview Avenue, for public drunkenness. Pitt police assisted city police with a burglary at a residence on the 300 block of Atwood Street at 10:05 p.m.

Sunday, June 1Luiz Araujo, of 10111 Frankstown Road, was cited for public drunkenness in Bouquet Gardens at 3:14 a.m.