Sponsored
×
244 Pitt student-athletes named to ACC Academic Honor Roll - The Pitt News

244 Pitt student-athletes named to ACC Academic Honor Roll

NCAA+champion+diver+Dominic+Giordano+is+one+of+14+ACC+Men%27s+Performers+of+the+Year+named+to+the+ACC+Academic+Honor+Roll.+Courtesy+of+Pitt+Athletics+
NCAA champion diver Dominic Giordano is one of 14 ACC Men's Performers of the Year named to the ACC Academic Honor Roll. Courtesy of Pitt Athletics

By Steve Rotstein / Sports Editor

The University of Pittsburgh placed 244 student-athletes on the 2015-16 ACC Academic Honor Roll, as announced Thursday by ACC commissioner John Swofford.

Students who participated in a varsity-level sport and registered a grade point average of 3.0 or better for the full academic year qualified for the 60th annual ACC Honor Roll. Duke University led the way with 480 student-athletes on the Honor Roll, and Pitt’s 244 student-athletes recognized were the 10th-most out of 15 ACC programs.

The conference named a record 4,367 student-athletes to the Honor Roll this year, and Pitt had over 200 student-athletes recognized for the third straight time in three seasons as a member of the ACC.

2016 NCAA 3M champion diver Dominic Giordano was one of 14 ACC Men’s 2015-16 Performers of the Year to make the Honor Roll, while 22 ACC Women’s 2015-16 Performers of the Year made the cut.

Women’s track/cross country led all Pitt varsity programs with 42 student-athletes recognized.