Pro-Palestine students set up a liberated zone in Schenley Plaza on Tuesday.
Op-Ed | An Open Letter to Chancellor Joan Gabel
By Contributors April 25, 2024

By Contributors April 25, 2024

Interactive Crime Map Sept. 2 – Sept. 9

Here is the Pitt police activity from Sept. 2 to Sept. 9.

Friday, Sept. 2, 2016 

12:15 p.m. Stephen Foster Lot. Police responded to a report of the theft of a bicycle. An investigation is pending.

6:46 p.m. 7-Eleven. Police responded to a female employee’s report that she is constantly being harassed by a customer who frequents the store. An investigation is pending.

11:10 p.m. 400 block of Semple Street. Police responded to assist a Liquor Control Board agent. One Pitt student was referred for judicial action.

11:25 p.m. Zulema Street. Police issued three citations to a Pitt student for underage drinking, disorderly conduct and violating the open container ordinance.

Saturday, Sept. 3, 2016

12:54 a.m. 100 block of Robinson Street. Police issued citations to three Pitt students for hosting an underage drinking party.

2:09 a.m. 3400 block of Bates Street. Police responded to assist city police in a report of criminal mischief from the owner of Merante Groceria, who reported students are doing damage to his business.

2:51 a.m. Sutherland Hall. Police issued a citation to a female Pitt student for underage drinking.

2:53 a.m. 3900 block of Forbes Avenue. Police responded to assist the city police with a report of a stolen vehicle.

3:33 a.m. 4100 block of Alequippa Street. Police issued a citation to an unaffiliated man for underage drinking.

2:45 a.m. Heinz Field. Police responded to a report of an intoxicated female student, who was referred for judicial action.

5:11 p.m. 300 block of Meyran Avenue. Police gave a verbal warning for violating the open container ordinance.

8:31 p.m. Mazeroski Field. Police responded to a report of the smell of marijuana. Police referred two Pitt students for judicial action.

10:28 p.m. 300 block of Semple Street. Police arrested a man on charges of burglary, possession of a controlled substance and criminal mischief.

11:22 p.m. Wellsford Street. Police issued a citation to a female student for underage drinking.

Sunday, Sept. 4, 2016

12:03 a.m. 3600 block of Bates Street. Police issued a citation to an unaffiliated man for violating the open container ordinance.

12:10 a.m. 3600 block of Bates Street. Police issued a citation to an unaffiliated man for violating the open container ordinance.

12:55 a.m. Mazeroski Field. Police responded to a report of the smell of marijuana and referred two Pitt students for judicial action.

12:56 a.m. York Way. Police issued a citation to a female student for underage drinking.

1:04 a.m. York Way. Police issued a citation to an unaffiliated woman for underage drinking.

1:13 a.m. Litchfield Tower A.Police responded to a report of the smell of marijuana and referred one Pitt student for judicial action.

2:57 a.m. Litchfield Tower A. Police responded to a report of an intoxicated male student, who they referred for judicial action.

4:47 a.m. UPMC Mercy. Police responded to a report of domestic violence, advised both parties and sent them their separate ways.

6:22 a.m. UPMC Mercy. Police issued a citation to an unaffiliated man for disorderly conduct.

2:20 p.m. 200 block of Meyran Avenue. Police arrested an unaffiliated man on a warrant.

4:02 p.m. 300 block of McKee Place. Police responded to assist the city police with a report of criminal mischief.

9:39 p.m. Fifth Avenue and Bouquet Street. Police issued citations to two male students for underage drinking.

Monday, Sept. 5, 2016

11:41 a.m. 5500 block of Ellsworth Avenue. Police responded to assist city police in a report of a harassment.

7:32 p.m. 3700 Forbes Avenue. Police issued a citation an unaffiliated person for public drunkenness.

Tuesday, Sept. 6, 2016

1:10 p.m. 200 block of Meyran Avenue. Police responded to a report of damage to a bike. An investigation is pending.

2:02 p.m. Financial Records. Police responded to a report of theft of jewelry from a desk. An investigation is pending.

2:17 p.m. Ruskin Avenue. Police issued a citation to an unaffiliated man for public urination.

3:29 p.m. Cathedral of Learning. Police responded to a report that a package failed to ship and is now missing. An investigation is pending.

5:47 p.m. Hillman Library. Police responded to a report of domestic violence. Police separated and advised both parties.

7:46 p.m. Sennott Street and Oakland Avenue. Police issued a citation to an unaffiliated homeless person for public drunkenness.

11:33 p.m. Lobby of Litchfield Towers. Police responded to a report of stolen laundry. An investigation is pending.

Thursday, Sept. 8, 2016

9:41 a.m. Alumni Hall. Police repsonded to a report of a stolen laptop computer. An investigation is pending.

2:30 p.m. Brackenridge Hall. Police responded to a report by a woman student that she was being harassed by another student. An investigation is pending.

5:58 p.m. Magee-Women’s Hospital. Police responded to a report by a woman that her wallet was stolen from her backpack. An investigation is pending.

6:54 p.m. North Lot, Frick Fine Arts Building. Police responded to a report of the smell of marijuana and referred four Pitt students for judicial action.

10:33 p.m. Forbes Avenue and Schenley Drive Extension. Police arrested an unaffiliated person on charges of terroristic threats, disorderly conduct and public drunkenness.

Friday, Sept. 9, 2016

2:57 a.m. Litchfield Tower A. Police issued a citation to an unaffiliated man for public drunkenness.