Senior Pitt official taking personal leave

David DeJong, the vice chancellor for human resources, was named the acting senior vice chancellor for business and operations Tuesday.

via University of Pittsburgh

By Jon Moss, Editor-in-Chief

EDITOR’S NOTE: With campuses emptied and University life brought to a halt, student journalism is in a tough spot right now. We’re asking our readers to please support the work of our current staff, as well as the next generation of Pitt student journalists, by donating here. Thank you for your support!

A senior Pitt official has taken a leave of absence effective Tuesday, University officials said Thursday.

Greg Scott, the senior vice chancellor for business and operations, is taking the indefinite leave of absence for personal reasons. David DeJong, a longtime Pitt administrator who became the vice chancellor for human resources last year, will assume Scott’s responsibilities as acting senior vice chancellor for business and operations.

Mark Burdsall, the assistant vice chancellor for consulting services, will take on the title of acting deputy vice chancellor for human resources.

The University is currently convening three task forces to plan the fall semester in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic, with a final announcement of plans for the fall expected in early July.