Woman dead after large steel cylinder rolled away from Petersen Events Center construction site
By Spencer Levering, News Editor • May 3, 2024

Meet the editor: Culture

Pamela Smith | Contributing Editor
Patrick Swain, culture editor.

From the syllabus to the stage to the screen, the Culture Desk at The Pitt News is your home for all things creative and current on campus. Culture is a big umbrella –– we provide a snapshot of the diversity of Pitt’s campus and the Pittsburgh community by exploring performing arts, food, literature and all other media of cultural expression. Our dedicated staff of music nerds, cinephiles, bookworms and theater kids covers the hottest happenings in Oakland and beyond. Get in touch with us at [email protected]

Patrick Swain, Culture Editor

I’m Patrick, your campus cultural content correspondent. I’ve been writing for the culture desk since my first year at Pitt –– as a junior, I have the privilege of serving as culture editor. Writing for The Pitt News has given me an opportunity to meaningfully engage with communities on campus and around the city. Encountering so many fascinating people and documenting their stories has helped me call Pittsburgh home. Outside of TPN, I’m an economics major with a minor in Hispanic language and culture planning to study law. You can see me around campus wearing a jean jacket and stomping spotted lanternflies.

Patrick Swain, Culture Editor
Patrick Swain is a junior economics major with a minor in Hispanic language and culture. He begrudgingly removes Oxford commas as the culture editor of The Pitt News. You can find him rooting for the Buffalo Bills, invoking the third amendment and remembering the Alamo.