Pitt to add late-night stops to shuttle routes

By Liz Navratil

Pitt will add more late-night stops to two of its shuttle routes beginning Monday.

The 10A Upper Campus shuttle, which travels from the Cathedral of Learning to Panther and Pennsylvania halls and back down to Forbes Avenue, will now depart from the Cathedral of Learning at both 3 and 3:30 a.m.

It will drop its last passengers off at the Cathedral at 3:50 a.m.

The 30C South Oakland shuttle, which travels from the Cathedral of Learning toward Dawson and Bates streets, will run for an additional half hour each night.

It will leave from the William Pitt Union bus shelter at 3:10 a.m. Mondays through Saturdays, dropping its last passengers off at the Union at 3:25 a.m.

On Sundays, it will leave the bus shelter at 2:30 a.m., dropping its last passengers off at 3 a.m.

The changes will last until the end of the semester.

Pitt spokesman John Fedele said he did not know what would happen after the semester ends because the University shuttles usually run on a different schedule in the summer, anyway.

He said he didn’t think the changes would affect the SafeRider services, which pick up students in the early morning.

The decision to change routes, Fedele said, came from the University’s Office of Parking, Transportation and Services.

Fedele said he wasn’t sure how much the changes would cost the University or where the University would get the money.