Pitt Police Blotter

By /

Wednesday, Sept. 9

1:29 p.m. – Police responded to a report that someone in the William Pitt Union fell and refused medical treatment.

1:35 p.m. – Police responded to the attempted theft of a wallet from a ninth floor office in the William Pitt Union. Police identified a suspect. An investigation is pending.

2:08 p.m. – Police responded to the theft of a wallet from a fourth floor office in the Iroquois Building. An investigation is pending.

4:12 p.m. – Pitt police assisted city police with the theft of a bike from 414 N. Neville St.

9:18 p.m. – Pitt police received a report that someone tripped over a construction sign on DeSoto Street near O’Hara Street and sustained an injury.

11:15 p.m. – STAT MedEvac reported a laser being pointed at a helicopter landing on the roof of UPMC. An investigation is pending.

Thursday, Sept. 10

2:25 p.m. – Police responded to a report of a suspicious person at a construction site near the Cathedral of Learning. An investigation is pending.

2:53 p.m. – Police responded to the theft of a wallet from the Cathedral of Learning. An investigation is pending.

3:18 p.m. – Pitt police assisted the Miami Police Department with a theft of a debit card and a cell phone that occurred over the weekend. An investigation is pending.

6:12 p.m. – Police responded to the theft of an iPhone in the bathroom of Tower B. An investigation is pending.

9:28 p.m. – Pitt police assisted city police with a domestic dispute. They advised the couple to leave, and the couple complied.

10:30 p.m. – Officers will refer three students to the University’s Judicial Board for possession of a small amount of marijuana on Lytton Avenue.

Monday, Sept. 14

1:43 p.m. – Medics treated a person who became ill on Schenley Drive.

2:56 p.m. – Police responded to a report that people on the fourth floor of Craig Hall smelled smoke. Construction on the fifth floor caused the smell.

9:34 p.m. – Police arrested student Christopher Booth, of 190 Lothrop St., for possession of marijuana in Lothrop Hall.

Tuesday, Sept. 15

8:17 a.m. – Police responded to a report that a hinge on a security door at UPMC was broken.

9:38 a.m. – Police assisted the grounds crew with bicycles that were secured to a tree near Biomedical Science Tower 3.

The information in this article comes directly from an official log released by the Pitt Police. The log does not contain the names of crime victims. The Pitt News does no additional reporting in the police blotter.