Student hurt in fire dies

By ANDY MEDICI

Rich Noble, one of the two Pitt students injured in an apartment fire on Louisa Street, died… Rich Noble, one of the two Pitt students injured in an apartment fire on Louisa Street, died Friday from his injuries.

He was born in Hanover, Pa., on Aug. 29, 1986, and lived in Burgettstown until he came to Pitt.

Noble was involved in intramural football and was a brother in the Pi Kappa Alpha Fraternity. According to his Facebook profile, his favorite movies included “Scarface” and “Bad Boys II.” Friends have already placed messages of remembrance on his Facebook wall — a type of message board.

An information sciences and computer science major at Pitt, Noble was always available to help people with their homework and with studying. Friend and fellow fraternity brother Dan Rooney remembers Noble as a man who was involved in greek life.

“He was very loyal to the fraternity. He was committed. He was a Steelers fan. He was a good friend,” Rooney said.

Noble’s Facebook profile contains the following quotation attributed to Roman emperor Marcus Aurelius: “Remember this — that very little is needed to make a happy life.”

Look in The Pitt News after Thanksgiving break for an in-depth memoriam of the life and accomplishments of Pitt student Rich Noble.