Pitt Police Blotter

By Pitt News Staff

Tuesday, June 1 8:16 a.m. — An officer assisted Port Authority police in helping a… Tuesday, June 1 8:16 a.m. — An officer assisted Port Authority police in helping a special needs person at the intersection of Fifth Avenue and DeSoto Street.

9:07 a.m. — A grounds crew member reported damage to the building on the baseball field.

11:55 a.m. — The grounds crew recovered a bike from the hillside behind the Frick Fine Arts building. The bike was placed in the bike locker.

Thursday, June 3 8:14 a.m. — A guard at the Biomedical Science Tower turned over to an officer a testing device found on the exterior wall of the building. The item was placed in the recovered property room.

8:55 a.m. — A woman reported that her vehicle had been stolen from the University parking lot at Bouquet Street and Fifth Avenue.

1:28 p.m. — An officer on the patio outside Posvar Hall arrested Lawrence Lee Harris, of no fixed address, on an outstanding county warrant.

3:26 p.m. — The grounds crew found two bikes in the Panther Hollow lot. Officers placed the bikes in a bike locker, and the owners came to the station to claim their bikes.

Friday, June 4 6:57 a.m. — A person injured in a bicycle accident at the intersection of Frew Street and Schenley Drive was taken to the hospital by Pittsburgh medics. The person’s bike was taken to the station for safekeeping.

3:16 p.m. — An officer assisted city police in responding to a reported theft of personal property at the county jail.

6:22 p.m. — The staff in Sennott Square accidentally activated the building’s hold-up alarm.

8:19 p.m. — Officers assisted city police in responding to a student, who reported being threatened in the 300 block of Semple Street. The incident was cleared.

Saturday, June 5 12:09 a.m. — Nonaffiliate Paul Pearson, of 6202 Saint Marie St., was arrested for driving under the influence at a traffic accident at Forbes and Oakland avenues.

5:05 p.m. — Two juveniles were cited for disorderly conduct at the intersection of Fifth Avenue and Mckee Place.

Sunday, June 6 12:52 a.m. — Nonaffiliate Phillip Alfons Miller, of 907 Anaheim St., was arrested for robbery, by force with a knife, in the 3400 block of Fifth Avenue.

2:07 a.m. — An officer assisted city police and fire departments responding to a reported couch fire in the 300 block of Semple Street. The incident was cleared.

2:45 a.m. — Nonaffiliate Giavanni Ventura Jr., of 5425 Howe St., was arrested for driving under the influence at the intersection of Fifth Avenue and Craig Street.

3:24 a.m. — Pitt police assisted city police responding to a reported harassment by e-mail in the 3200 block of Dawson Street.

3:44 a.m. — Someone reported being slapped by an unknown person at the intersection of Bates Street and York Way.

1:06 p.m. — Officers received a report of juveniles breaking into a shed at Trees Hall. The items were recovered, and one juvenile was returned to his mother.

Monday, June 7 12:13 a.m. — An officer confiscated a knife thrown into the street near the intersection of Meyran Avenue and Sennott Street. The knife was placed in the property room.

3:04 a.m. — Officers assisted city police responding to a reported robbery in the 300 block of Meyran Avenue.

10:43 a.m. — A University vehicle struck an automobile in the Schenley Quad, causing minor damage.

7:57 p.m. — Two juveniles were arrested for robbery at the Chevron Science Center. 8:37 p.m. — A man called police and requested assistance in contacting his daughter at her Louisa Street residence. An officer contacted the daughter and had her contact her father.

Wednesday, June 9 12:33 p.m. — The grounds crew cleaned up a gasoline spill in the grounds crew area of the Posvar Hall Garage.

3:49 p.m. — A person reported being harassed in Hillman Library. Officers located a suspect who was escorted from the premises.

4:34 p.m. — An officer assisted city police in apprehending two juveniles who broke into a truck on Tustin Street.

6:59 p.m. — Nonaffiliate Oliver Eatmon, of 205 Wyandotte Street was cited for an open container violation at the Bouquet Street and Fifth Avenue parking lot.

Thursday, June 10 1:51 a.m. — A person became sick at the bus shelter on the 3700 block of Fifth Avenue, and was taken to the hospital by Pittsburgh medics.

2:15 a.m. — Nonaffiliate Michael Maslanik, of 3440 Louisa St., was cited for disorderly conduct on the 200 block of Atwood Street.

2:48 a.m. — Officers assisted city police in responding to three shots fired into the Original Hot Dog Shop, on the 3900 block of Forbes Avenue.

2:22 p.m. — A van driver hit a pedestrian at Fifth and Lytton avenues. The driver took the pedestrian to the UPMC-Presbyterian emergency room.

2:38 p.m. — The dental clinic at Salk Hall reported an irate patient. An officer stood by until the patient left the area.

8:54 p.m. — A cleaning crew accidentally activated an intrusion alarm at the Keystone Building.

Saturday, June 12 12:05 a.m. — An officer at the Cathedral of Learning cited a juvenile, who was not affiliated with the University, for disorderly conduct.

1:20 a.m. — Police cited nonaffiliate Mark F. Trumpbour, of Brooklyn, N.Y., for disorderly conduct at the intersection of Fifth Avenue and Bouquet Street.

7:36 p.m. — Officers assisted city police responding to a reported fight on Schenley Drive. The incident was cleared.

Sunday, June 13 1:40 a.m. — Pittsburgh medics transported a person with an injury at the University Club to the hospital.

2:29 a.m. — Nonaffiliate William Andrews, of 7032 Upland St., was cited for disorderly conduct at the intersection of Fifth and Bellefield avenues.

3:02 a.m. — Officers assisted city police responding to reported criminal mischief on the 3800 block of Bates Street.

4:34 a.m. — Police at Crawford Hall cited nonaffiliate Daniel Lebherz, of Cranberry, Pa., for trespassing.

Monday, June 14 9:05 a.m. — Police received a report that an unknown person broke into a secured box and stole medication from Salk Hall.

11:36 a.m. — The grounds crew at Heinz Chapel found two bushes missing from the Bellefield side of the building.

8:57 p.m. — A guard at the Plum Research Facility reported a power outage at 8:55 p.m. Power was restored at 11:10 p.m.