Listen to us rock

By ADAM RAUF

Snapcase, Boy Sets Fire, Atreyu, Time in Malta

Tonight, 6 p.m.

Club Laga

$10 in advance,… Snapcase, Boy Sets Fire, Atreyu, Time in Malta

Tonight, 6 p.m.

Club Laga

$10 in advance, $12 at the door

(412) 687-4636

The overcast skies, the leaves changing color and falling to the ground, and the brisk air are just some of the reasons to love fall. What makes for an even better fall season is when the musical cream of the crop shows off the best it has to offer.

What makes for a better show than having Snapcase – one of the most progressively independent bands in the hardcore scene today – on the bill? And you couldn’t ask for a greater supporting cast than Boy Sets Fire, along with Atreyu and Time in Malta.

Snapcase is perhaps one of the most well-known bands in the underground hardcore scene perhaps aside from Hatebreed. These boys work their butts off year in and year out, mostly playing shows. Since Progression Through Unlearning, the band’s breakthrough album, the group has matured incredibly. Snapcase is set on touring in support of its upcoming release, End Transmission, which shows off some of the group’s most melodic work to date.

Tour mates Boy Sets Fire are just awe-inspiring. The band’s live shows are nothing short of spectacular. Since leaving behind labelmates Snapcase (Victory Records) to their current major label, Wind-Up Records (Creed is one of the label’s bands that comes to mind), Boy Sets Fire continues to rock out and tour relentlessly. The band’s lyrics are awesome, the melodies are superb, and the whole backdrop is astounding. Snapcase and Boy Sets Fire alone are worth the admission price.

That’s where Atreyu and Time in Malta come in. Atreyu is also on Victory Records, and provides an emotional metalcore tug-of-war reminiscent of Poison the Well, but with vocal stylings similar to 18 Visions. A simply diverse band that has won new fans on the road in the past year, Atreyu should be an interesting opener, along with Time in Malta for this show.

Four excellent bands, one low price: It’s clearly a no-brainer. Be at this show when it comes to Laga, or you’ll miss one hell of a time.