Dear Kelly – April 10, 2014

By A&E Staff

Dear Kelly,

All of my teachers keep sending me OMET surveys and I don’t know what to do. I tried to ignore the initial emails, but they keep sending reminder emails, too. Even my online class sent one out! My inbox is filling up. Please help!

-#OMETprobz

Dear #OMETprobz,

I feel your pain. I, too, have received multiple annoying OMET emails from all my professors. But fear not: I have a few suggestions on what you can do.

First, you might want to look into changing your Pitt email address — or at least giving your teachers a fake one. While you might miss out on useful class information during the majority of the year, you certainly won’t be receiving those pesky evaluation requests.

If you don’t want to go to those lengths, don’t fret. Another option you have is to channel your anger from the incessant emails and use it to give entirely negative feedback on the OMET surveys. In the comment section, make sure you use all capital letters to really emphasize how angry you are. Even if you actually enjoyed the class and liked the teacher and are thinking about them reading your response and crying, this strategy will surely make you feel better about the constant emails — sort of like getting revenge.

If neither of these options work for you, just hope that your professors set aside some class time to fill out the surveys. At that point, you can answer honestly and will hopefully stop receiving the emails once you complete the survey. But who am I kidding? By the time your professor does something like this, you will have gotten about five emails per class and will have most likely resorted to one of my other, more realistic options.

Best of luck!

Kelly

Dear Kelly,

I’m a huge Timeflies fan, and I’m nervous that since Tyga was a no-show, they may not show up, either. What should I do?

Sincerely,

Timeflies Fanatic

Dear Timeflies Fanatic,

I wish I had a way to assuage your fears, but alas, if there’s one characteristic that every successful musician has, it’s unpredictability. The ability of a band to keep the audience on the edge of their seats is something that only the greats have: The Beatles, Tyga and the like. Take it as a sign that maybe, one day, Timeflies might be uttered in the same sentence as those musical gods.

In the meantime, don’t hang your head. There’s little you can do. Will they show up? Who knows. Like Tyga, it all hangs in the balance of whether or not they know how to get on an airplane.

Your best bet might be to get in touch with Tyga, and ask him why he missed his flight. It’s probably a really silly mistake — or the worst excuse ever. Just hope that Timeflies doesn’t leave any sizeable amount of toothpaste in their carry-on — that would be problematic.

Kelly