Best Of Edition: Casual Fridays 11-15-13

By The Pitt News Editorial Staff

Glazed and confused

A man in Florida is being charged with impersonating a law enforcement officer and improper exhibition of a firearm after he attempted to receive a discount on doughnuts. Charles T. Barry stopped at the same Dunkin’ Donuts, flashing a fake police badge and gun and asking for a discount, two days in a row on Nov. 6 and 7, before he was arrested. Barry reportedly took the badge from his father, who is a police officer in New Jersey, and used it in the attempts to receive discounts. Perhaps someone should have alerted Barry that Halloween is over.

What the duck?

A duck in Baldock, England, became stuck under the hood of a car after he was struck by the car. The driver of the car only saw a cloud of feathers after striking the bird and assumed she had killed it, but could not locate its body. The woman was alerted of the duck’s location three days later when her dog caught the duck’s scent. She drove the stuck duck, which was still under the hood, to a local vet’s office, where they were unable to free it. Mechanics from a garage across the street were tasked with freeing the duck. After dismantling the front of the car, the duck was freed unharmed and released back into the wild. Although it resulted in a sticky situation, the duck appears to have been testing a new, creative way of migrating for the winter.

Keep your friends close …

The Original Factory Shop, a company in Burnley, England, has developed a solution to spending cold winter nights alone: the Twinsie. The garment, much like the name suggests, is a onesie made for two. With four arms, three legs and two hoods, you can be sure that you keep the most important person in your life as close to you as possible, which makes one wonder if Overly Attached Girlfriend proposed the idea.

Didgeri-don’t

A man in southern California was arrested on suspicion of vandalism after he assaulted a taxi with a didgeridoo. The man and a female companion were picked up in the taxi Sunday night and proceeded to fall asleep on the 20-minute ride home. When the couple arrived home, the man started an argument with the taxi driver over the fare. The man then proceeded to go into his house and returned with a didgeridoo. He then threatened the driver with it and walloped the car with the instrument, leaving dents. Imagine how your wife would react if she caught you calling Jake from State Farm at three in the morning to report that incident.